On Board Battery Charger, Seafarer 226

Dublin

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Any suggestions for a preferred on board battery charger for a Seafarer 226??

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are some threads on this topic if you search the archives. A low cost marine one is Minn Kota. Amazon had them a while back with a $25 rebate. I got a two bank for a garage charger.
Genius, Promariner are others. Do a google or Amazon search. You could also check thehulltruth. Get one with an integrated bracket so mounting is easier.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Got a two bank waterproof Genius, mounted in the stern fresh water tank hatch. Plug in and leave it while in the boat house (garage). trapper

Island Pilot

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I will second the Genius charger. I bought the 4 bank version on amazon, it’s always plugged in, is ignition protected and works flawlessly.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Have never used the Genius charger so I won't comment one way or the other about them. But I can vouch for ProMariner's ProNautic line. I've had that in a couple Sea Ray's I've owned (and a bunch more family/friends boats) and ProMariner has been used in thousands and thousands of Sea Ray's for decades. I work part time at a Sea Ray dealership and these chargers are very reliable.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I think most are pretty decent today. I'd look at #banks needed, cost, size and mounting configuration.

UCPA111

Reaction score
I installed a GUEST 2711A 10 amp 2 bank charger. It has worked flawlessly for me. ~$110 I think. I mounted in the port rear compartment of my Seafarer. Installed a plug through the wall into the cockpit area so I just pull into the garage and plug in an extension cord.