Ongoro or AFI dual horn replacement source..??

NIGHTIDES

Reaction score
Has anyone recently changed out their horn after finding a good source..??

My local store is looking for $47 for the dual AFI one...And yes I have seen higher as well.

Thanks for the help.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My AFI horn's on my 22 would last about 2-3 seasons and need replacement. My AFI wiper motor needed replacement about every 2-3 seasons as well, not sure if their was a pattern there. My 265 has an Ongaro wiper motor and is has lasted 6 seasons before being replaced. Ongaro builds a better quality product I feel, but being that your mounting the horn outside in the salt air, nothing will last long, and typically Grady mounted it on a spot where water will ride down the side of the walkaround from the top so it will get pounded with water so going to a better quality product might not be worth it since no matter how well built it will likely suffer a lot of abuse and fail in a few years. I'm typically a fan of going with a higher quality product, do it right and do it once, but from my experience with this, I'd go with the cheaper one knowing no matter what you do it won't matter and will break in time again. Go with the cheaper AFI and just test it regularly.