Opening Day for Fluke Fishing

Tournament223

Reaction score
Sorry for the late report..I went out opening day (Saturday) on my buddy Mikes 31 Rampage in Greenport long Island...There was 3 of us on the boat...We caught 40 fluke with 4 being keepers...I caught a 7.1 lb fluke...Many nice 20 inch fish had to be thrown back. I saw Nothing Else Matters out there!!!!! Boat looks great :D

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. We got also a total of 4 fluke, with my uncle getting a huge 29" fish, veeeeeeeery hefty, i never weight it. We also got a lot of shorts, i didn't fish much though, i was watching my brothers kids fishing for fluke, that was priceless for me, they really had a great day and the younger one got also a huge blue fish.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Fishing for some info -

Without the advantage of a known hot spot, what kind of bottom and depth are you targeting for the Fluke? I have an idea about the tackle used but not so much in the way of "where".

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
journeyman said:
Fishing for some info -

Without the advantage of a known hot spot, what kind of bottom and depth are you targeting for the Fluke? I have an idea about the tackle used but not so much in the way of "where".

35-75 feet

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
journeyman said:
Fishing for some info -

35-75 feet

Thanks.

Rock, sand, mud ???

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:

That's something we have plenty of around Cape Ann. :lol:

Thanks for the info. I'll pull out my charts and see if I can pick a few spots to give it a go.