Options available to upgrade canvas?

Oriole

Reaction score
Looking for options anyone may know of to replace or upgrade eisenglas on my 265 EX. Really just interested in a more permanent solution to the front curtain which is ackward to roll up (or down) and not great running in weather. Any acrylic or more permanent custom or semi custom solution anyone know of?

BabyG

Reaction score
I had the same idea with my Gulfstream I was going to put in plexy glass but went with new canvas and a really thick eisenglas. New windows are so stiff you almost don't have to use the snaps. SO clear they are more easy to look through that the windshield below it. I used the place I found here in the forum, R & G canvas in south Carolina.

my retreat

Reaction score
Baby G

G, Did you send them your front curtains and they replaced just the eisen glass or did they make all new?? Also how much did they charge?? I'm ready to do the same thing to my front curtains!! Thanks Howard

BabyG

Reaction score
They have most GW boat patterns because they are the ones who made them originally. Except mine which they lost in a storm so I had to sent them mine.
I had them make new one's canvas and windows came to $750, two front panels and the two sides.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
http://www.ez2cy.com/home.html

Try this site, it's called ez2cy, a polycarbonite. Much better than vinyl.

look thur the gallery photos.

You can do a hybrid, where the front is ez2cy along with the preformed bends to the sides, then the rest regular vinyl.

Take note, this stuff is very expensive.

Site shows a 36 Grady done out, along with a smaller 28 Mako hybrid, and others. They used to have a Marlin with the hybrid front, couldn't find it.