Ordered some Grady shirts in July

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
From Grady White and I got one in the mail today. . It's a t shirt and on the back is a twin engine Freedom of sorts . It just hit me a moment ago . It hit me that the handful of Grady shirts I have had over the years if there was a boat on them it was their iconic invention , the walk around cabin.

The shirt is nice for a Tee but you can see by the shirt design what is important to the company. I mean we all know it anyway. Maybe it's time the Great Grady website designers ditch the walk around in their logo too and put a freedom on it instead ?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It's crazy how CC's and DC's are, and have been, the way of the future in boating for the past oh probably decade or so, at least. Most of the big manufacturers don't even hardly make walk around boats anymore, or if they do, they start off around 30'+ and then only go up from there. Boston Whaler makes a 28' walk around and Pursuit starts at 32' but Cobia stopped producing them altogether as have several other companies. It sure is indicative about the boating market and how a lot of boating manufacturers out there stopped producing walk arounds or fishing boats meant to troll with. Crazy how besides GW and Parker, most reputable boat manufacturers don't even seem to have a low 20s' walk around fishing boat anymore. 10-15 years ago and I think that would've been heresy.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

TopsulTime

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I got my Sailfish several months ago then sold a 28' cc I had for 10 yrs. Had a 23' w/a before that and a 21' cc before that. At some point as you get older and wiser you realize getting wind beat and sprayed gets less tolerable. I've been out a few times but have not fished it yet. It was snotty one of the times and took several big sprays and as I kept driving without having to reach for a towel I thought to myself I'm glad I'm not on the cc right now.

I just got got my long sleeve T and a cap my wife ordered well before Christmas. No boat, just a big X with G W B and a marlin (fish) under the X. Says GRADY WHITE BOATS above and SUPERIOR ATTENTION TO DETAIL below. The front of the shirt and the cap have the same thing. They say Grady White Boats with the marlin fish rounded at top right just above the lettering.

I guess I need to look for some shirts with a w/a on them before they are no longer available...or else get some custom made.

Reactions: jip40

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My last boat was a DC, I love my WA infinitely more. Especially after getting caught in a freak storm last summer, we quickly put up the curtains, kids hid in the cabin, and we felt so much safer. In fact my wife was actually enjoying it, despite the torrential downpour and big waves.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Fishtales

Reaction score
Walks are like the VW beetles of the ocean. Time has passed them by for the flashy DCs. That being said, I got one of each of the old girls in the barn....

Fishtales

Reaction score
I had a local shop in MA develop a GW boat logo a few years back that I had embroidered on clothing a few years back for fishing tourneys I ran. I'd put block lettering under it for the various events. I'll see if I can dig up a pic and post. If up this way and interested in leveraging, PM me for details.

receivedxqy

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Hello! Thank you for letting us know about this, SmokyMtnGrady.I ordered from Grady White as well, and their shirts are really good. These ideas about selling merch to customers are very interesting since many customers would buy merch from their favorite company. I'm not a fan of online merch shops, but when I was looking for nice t-shirt models, my friend suggested a good Miley Cyrus Merch collection, so if you are looking for good alternatives or want to find something unusual, you can visit this link https://www.mileycyrusmerch.com/.

Last edited: