Outrigger Adjustment

MRT

Reaction score
I have the lay out style riggers on our 330. I feel that they layout too far. Has anyone adjusted how far their riggers lay down? Any suggestions?

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If they are Lee juniors then there is an adjustable collar which acts as a stop to prevent the riggers from dropping too low.

MRT

Reaction score
They are the Lee Seniors, but that collar is still there. I was eyeing it up but was afraid if I moved only the collar the riggers would not stow correctly. Is it really that simple?

Thanks.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I recently installed a set of Lee Pro (formerly Seniors) on my marlin that were taken off a 330. The only adjustment that I am aware of is the "elbow" tubing that points to the sky when the riggers are upright. The tubing is threaded on these elbows, this allows you to adjust the length of the arm in the lay down position. I would start with the arm with the stop nut on it first; loosen the stop nut, pull the bolt that attaches to the top of the four bolt hardtop mount, tighten or loosen the entire arm and reassemble after tightening thae stopnut. Keep in mind that all of that roughly 1" outside diameter tubing is threaded inside. I hope for your sake that someone had the sense to put some form rust preventer (Lanakote) on the threads so you can get things apart.

On my boat the arms that I am referring to are a little on the long side, but they work for me. For the record on my boat the large diameter tube (roughly 2" o.d.) is about 1" above the bow rail in the lowered position. I used the outriggers last weekend and the fish appeared to like the way they are set up. Some guys prefer them to be higher off the water when lowered, so far I am happy with mine. I am pretty sure the tips are about thirteen feet off the water when the riggers are laid down.

Hope this helps,