outriggers

duckhunter

Reaction score
any suggestions for a 330 express, will be dry docked in a marina

beachbum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gemlux carbon fiber (was Bly) retractable, great wind on clamp, 20 or 24'.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Assume you are asking about bases and not just poles? I have Lee's Sidewinders on my 330's with Lee's 18' carbon fiber telescoping poles. Mine are mounted at the aft end of the hard top instead of the farther forward position that Grady seems to do as their factory option. I like to be able to deploy and undeploy my riggers from safely inside the cockpit instead of having to climb out on the gunnel... For that reason I prefer the hard top mounts over the wishbones, especially since the new generation of carbon fiber poles are strong and light enough to run quite long poles without needing the beefiness of wishbones. Also I prefer the look of the hard top riggers and if you have telescoping poles you can minimize them when not in use.

The new Gemlux outrigger bases look pretty amazing, but definitely not cheap. I had Taco GS270's on my last boat and they were also sturdy and easy to deal with. The Lee's are less adjustable in terms of deployment angles, but I've decided that's sort of an advantage because you just swing them out and lock them without having to worry about getting the angle right (easier to tell a new crew member what to do).

JJ2468

Reaction score
I have a 330 express and also I am not a fan of any hardtop outriggers. Heard several carbon fiber including blys explode

I have the lee 8' bases and changed poles from the standard single spreader 16' to double spreader 22'. Run triples easily. Great spread and very strong

Fishtales

Reaction score
on a 330, i'd do the lees on the side of the boat. on a walk maybe hardtop if you don't use them a lot. it is nice to have them up top and not in the way on the walk when not in use.

beachbum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i didn't think about the mounts, have had Taco 350's...have held up well!