oval "euro" nav/anchor DPDT switch?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
So, finally started getting some things done. Have been rewiring some things, adding a gps/ff, some new deck lights...

My wiper was removed by PO. Don't care because they are useless on a 265. So I want to use the switch for some new spreader lights. But, I want to replace the SPST lighted switc(McGill Carling 0852-0122) with a DPDT lighted switch that I will jumper so that I can have (1)ON/OFF/(1&2) ON..
This is like a Nav/anchor configuration. As best I can tell, the Nav/Anchor part# is 0852-0127 but a can't really be sure.

I cannot find that style switch in a DPDT. I can find a SPDT (0852-0124) but that won't let me configure a "both" position.
I really want to use one space for 2 things. In fact, I would like to use some DPDT switches in other panel positions.
I'd like to change "Cockpit lights" to "Underwater LED/Cockpit& underwater LED"

So I'm asking if anyone has found a source for this style switch.

I need to stick with this style switch because the readily available "Contura" style switches are a hair larger, requiring filing the aluminum panel openings.
Replacing all 10 to make it nice would be a pain and be expensive.

Heres a picture of the panel and the style I am talking about.

utFlIcvh.jpg

sEIM4AKl.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Fastest way? Call Carling with an email ready to go (with picture of the switch). As you're talking to Carling, send it directly to the person you are talking to. Might as well go to the source.

AniaDeely

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Hi...as far as using a diode, it saves you the trouble of buying a more expensive DPDT switch. You can use common diodes with a rating that will match the current load. 5 amp rated would be more than enough. Cover the diode and exposed wires with electrical sleeving.

printed board assembly

Last edited: