Over 10% ethanol? NO WAY! - FILL THIS OUT

pilotart

Reaction score
striped bass said:
Done. Hope I don't get a lot of crazy emails from lobby counter groups.
Great site by NMMA to make it so easy.

Sent it out (with forwards of site to all I could think of) and added my one year old automobiles warranty prohibition of >10% ethanol fuel as well.

This was a week ago and have had zero negative Email response. :)

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
All this tinkering with fuel has me really alarmed. The new ultra-low sulfur diesel has made my diesel truck leak fuel because of o-ring problems. I had to replace all the o-rings in the fuel system, not an easy task.

Now this ethanol thing which also has an effect of making food prices go up because corn is used in so many products. I noticed last year that the farmers around here planted corn right up to the edge of the road because prices were on the rise.

Now this E-15 will hurt everyone, even those that don't buy fuel.

E-15 does not have the same BTU's as straight gas so your fuel mileage will go down. Nice going, Washington!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Another article in yesterday's (Sunday) NY Times- Automotive Section, - read it
---------------------

We have had enough problems with ethanol fuel in our boats as it is now, look at what happened to the old Bertram guys with the fibergalss tanks, a FG tank would last forever otherwise, screwed up the engines and tanks needing replacement. Not to mention outboard motor warranties limiting ethanol to 10% NO MORE

The ethanol producing consortiums care less about our problems in the marine industry and only are in it for filling their pockets $$. The say 15% won't matter since it's so small of a gain - this is only the beginning.

I guess they make more profit on growing corn for ethanol, than corn for eating. Too bad - find another job.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Our cars will get less MPG also, so it's a double whammy - you will have to buy more fuel to cover same distance. Another brilliant scheme by the Oil industry, I hope the Obama administration squashes them after 8 yrs of "do anything you want" business mentality (IMHO).

The idea of alcohol was to control air pollution instead of the other additive that was found a suspected carcinogen, THAT'S IT - NOT TO REAP MORE MASS PROFITs.

GG Members - do what needs to be done -

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
More Ethanol

Done deal.

Wait until A**hole Al Gore finds out his big yacht won't run on those Tennessee lakes.

Danmac

Reaction score
they claim E10 is a good thing for the enviroment? I have about twenty gallons of e 10 fuel that is NG . I have no idea what to do with it . Ive called the local Fire DEPT. they have no idea what to do with it. the thing is the gas isnt just from my boat its mostly gas ive used in gas powered tools. I wonder how many people out there that could careless or, are ignorant enough are just dumping this crap wherever just to get rid of it?
HOW COULD CAN THAT BE FOR THE ENVIROMENT :? l

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I would suggest you add in response, the outboard manufacturer's product specifications for ethanol fuel is limited to 10%, this is for all outboard engines made I'm aware of, even the manual I have for my OMC 1968, 9.9 HP, so be sure to add also- the manufacturer's warranty is voided if not using fuel to specifications.

This is out of control by us the buyers of products, it's the motor manufactuers. and also say you have a 5 or 6 yr warranty that is voided automatically. When your motor company approves the higher percentage then you will feel confident - say it.

This is a profoundly straightforward basis for any bureacratic fool to relate to, so leave out the rapatat about the air pollution stuff, etc,. we can beat it up here. Get in and score your points fast, the only way to deal with them.

And if you are not inclined to do it thru the link, do it thru whoever you want in the government or media, including Obama himself, and every other politician elected or otherwise, in the creation of mankind !

For if this occurs, it is never going to be undone, and only will continue with higher and higher percentages, along with death and taxes.
Don't let the foot in the door, drop the weight of the F350 right on it and stomp it out and leave no trace of life.