Overnighter - NAV Light pole and Bimini help

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bryan, you are correct about the all around light. The windshield mounted light is a combination nav and anchor light. IMO that is the best position to mount as it is out of the way of the cockpit. A stern pole light on an Overnighter would have to be 4+' feet long. If you look at hardtop boats, the all around light is mounted on the hardtop on short poles.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Frustrated -

Went to West Marine...lil to no help with old light/pole in hand, those NN couldn't even find said light in the on hand Catelog...

Need NV pole and forward Green/red...currently as in last evening had to scoot back in just before dark...

Reckon I will order all online...will get that Perko you put on here Bob, thanks - but, what about the green/red??? Do I buy the whole piece or replace the bulb?

Fish Tank

Reaction score
1350958041.jpg

1350957964.jpg

1350957799.jpg

1350957705.jpg

Fish Tank

Reaction score
For your forward green/red, it is probably just the bulb that needs to be replaced. Try a new bulb first, be sure the connections are clean, and use a little dielectric grease on the terminals to fight corrosion.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good Looking Overnighter Fish Tank. Like the arch.

The bow light on my Overnighter is actually an Attwood and not a Perko. Not sure why Grady did that. The bulb is easy to replace and I would try that first. I believe that the socket can also be changed if need. I have been on the look out for an LED replacement for the bow light. Thought about just replacing the bulb with an LED, but could not find one. Found out that there is some type of testing or certification needed to officially switch type of bulb in a nav light. All the LED fixtures I have seen have been too "modern" looking to go on an Overnighter. One thing I did do that helps is I polished the lenses of the bow light when I had it apart. Just used a bit of Flitz polish on both sides.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bryan, let me know when your are selling!

I had an '88 Overnighter for 5 yrs, even overnighted on it out of the elements.
Best 20 ft walkaround ever designed by anyone - back in the 70s. That's why everyone else copied it.

When I get older and start going down in size, the center consoles are nice but nothing like being behind the canvas on the bridge, unlike my 20 ft Mako, took a beating even on the troll in the Fall wind, not to mention night trips drifting eels in Jones iinlet at at the bridges when it was snowing out.

Had the Sailfish now 12 seasons, 7 on the repower.
Feel the same way about it.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Fish Tank,

Where can I get that exact Bimini and Curtains??? I'm 6'4" and looks to be the one I need...

Will try replacement bulb on front, ordering Anchor/all around now...thanks everyone!

Fish Tank

Reaction score
That's the bimini and curtains that came with the boat when I got it, and as far as I know the original set up (although redone with new fabric and plastic). There is even a back curtain, but that won't go on until it is really cold.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
What's the center height on the Bimini???

Anyone know where I can get that exact top/curtains?

found the NAV pole from WMJ Marine, not cheap.........

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies...

Front green/red light and cabin lights were just corrosion...dang bulbs worked. Recieved replacement all around white/anchor light with bent pole..........still gotta get the top handled, but will wait for Spring on that one...

Thanks again,

Foot

Bryan3536

Reaction score
Guys,

Looks like I am selling - after extensive negotiations and prioritizing, we are moving from the Overnighter to a 34' Mainship. Completely different animal. We are cruise first, fish when i can, and i found a great boat at a good price. Huge speed sacrifice, but all my fishing is inshore and I have a buddy with a CC. Anyway, some of the specs of my boat are above, I am going to put together a real listing with some photos on the for sale section if anyone is interested. Really going to miss my GW ...

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Bob's Cay said:
yes I replaced by original seats. Looked for a long time before I found some that were narrow enough to fit in the helm area. Finally found the seats I wanted at Boater's World in Fort Lauderdale (long since gone). They are manufactured by Wise and worked out well however I did remove the arm rests to get the clearance I needed. Just a bit to big to pivot around but I never did that anyway. The seat looks like the WD562-710 shown here:

http://www.wiseseats.com/Offshore1.html

But the actual model number was probably WD562-3 as I did not get the base or post, just seat, cushions, and mounting plate.

Bob, have the NAV light, Bimini and now the Seats came in...thanks!! Question, did the exisiting OEM base and post fit the mounting bracket on the new seats?