Overnighters with brackets

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Hi, since buying my 20ft. overnighter I take notice of alot of others but I have yet to see one with a bracket like mine. Were they a special order? I am very happy with the boat, thanks.

112807_040.jpg

catch22

Reaction score
I had an 87 206G with the bracket, (175 Johnson)... loved it. I prefer the full transom. I had 3 other Grady's, all with the bracket.

In the 80's Grady offered the Overnighter in 3 versions, 204C, (regular notched transom) 205, (i/o) and the 206G, (bracket). I think the regular, notched transom was a little more popular, and probably cost less than the bracketed model. I don't know what year they stopped the i/o models.

You can check out their catalogs for various years - http://www.gradywhite.com/customer/catalogs/

Nice boat by the way. Looks to be in real nice shape. :)

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Thanks and Merry Christmas, the boat, owners manual and all documents and records are complete and in good shape. I refinished all teak but one season in a slip took its toll. I think I will trailer it this season so I can keep it looking good.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A friend of mine has a 1987 Overnighter with the bracket. It is a nice layout. He has a Johnson 225 and the boat flies!

NIGHTIDES

Reaction score
Two are at my marina both w/ 150hp engines and both w/ happy owners..

Nice boat.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Merry Christmas! Nice pick up. Grady used to make the 20' w/ a bracket option, now they're all hung on the transom.

Heavy Duty

Reaction score
I have a '91 with the same bracket. Last winter took it off and had it sand blasted and powder coated. Also hung a 225 OX-66 while I was at it. So far I love what I've done to her. Now I got to fix the trim tabs so I can keep the pointy end down.

Enjoy the boat. They are great little rides and very capable.

Heavy Duty

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Thanks it was a little sluggish at first, didn"t get up on plane fast but then a spark plug wire came apart so I replaced them. That was it, jumps right up now. Cruises at 20 kts. with top end around 28kts.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
That boat with a 225 on it should push 40 all day long. Check all the wires, replace all the plugs and check the pitch & diameter of the (stainless) prop. Did you have a compression test done? If I'm not mistaken, that engine should be at about 125 psi and all cylinders should be within 5% of each other. Some say 10% but that's starting to get a little generous, IMHO.
I also just noticed in the pic of the boat, is that an extension on the lower unit? What length shaft do you have on the boat?
There looks to be a lot of space between the ventilation plate and the top of the prop.

wads33

Reaction score
What year is that one? I just picked up an 87 with the bracket.

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Its a 89. After one season I can say it is a very versatile boat. Fished shallow back bays and the ocean til mid Dec. I can even pole it along the sod banks which is how I catch alot of stripers on plugs. When time comes I will repower and keep it. I don"t think there is an extension on the lower unit I primered and didn"t get time to finish before the fishing started. I"m replacing all fuel lines as I can see some sepage and break down.

wads33

Reaction score
I cant wait to hit the water this year in mine. Do you use the oil injection or mix your fuel? Alot of people are telling me to disconnect the oil tank and mix the fuel to avoid the oil injection crapping out. I am also going to check all of my fuel lines and gas tank. There is no gas in the bilge but I'm still a little concerned about the age of all of it.

Tommyboy

Reaction score
I don't see why you would want to disconnect the oil injection and mix the fuel .... .. I would leave it, make sure your alarms all work correctly .... much better than mixed, especially if the boat sits for periods of time ... the gas/oil mix in the tank will change .. .. Always keep extra oil on board in case you run low ...

Heavy Duty

Reaction score
Tommyboy said:
I don't see why you would want to disconnect the oil injection and mix the fuel .... .. I would leave it, make sure your alarms all work correctly .... much better than mixed, especially if the boat sits for periods of time ... the gas/oil mix in the tank will change .. .. Always keep extra oil on board in case you run low ...

Yep..what he said. In addition make sure to clean BOTH tanks and oil lines once in a while. You will be surprised at what you find in the way of gunk and sludge buildup.

HD