Overnighting in a Freedom 225?

Graybeard

Reaction score
Hi Guys
When we bought our old Parker 21 walk around cutty we had visions of cruises where we spent the night in the boat. Well we never did that and now we have a Freedom 225 duel console. But the funny thing is the Chesapeake Grady White Owners Club does do several overnight cruises and we already signed up for 2, but the marinas both have motels. The sleeper seat looks comfortable enough and an inflatable matress will fit well enough on the deck. But the wife has this thing about sleeping in the open where people can see you. I don't know if the bimini top and back curtain covers the sleeper seat or not, but I suspect not. I was thinking a small tent could fit over the sleeper seat and fit on the deck. That would keep the wife covered so you can't see in. Any ideas?????

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lots of variables.

We have slept on our boat and even with a V-berth below I found that there is a lot of noise and a lot of light in a marina slip.

Do you really need it quiet and dark to get a good sleep? If so, go for the room at the inn.

JMHO,
Brian

reelbeliever

Reaction score
I have a Journey 258. I find the cabin is great taking a nap after being out in the sun all day, getting the kinks out of my back, etc. For over nighting I would always go for the room if one was available.

Graybeard

Reaction score
I actually put up the full canvas on Sunday and it covers the entire cockpit from the windshield back to the trasom. So it completly covers the sleeper seat and looks like a big tent except for all the clear vinal windows. I broached the subject of an overnight with the wife, but she is not interested unless it's in a motel at or near the marina. So that settles that!!! But it's nice to know the option is at least there if the Chesapeake Grady White Owners Club pressures her into it.

striped bass

Reaction score
Graybeard:
We have a 225 also. The bottom line for us is that a good night's uninterrupted sleep goes a long way for an enjoyable weekend cruise. Get a motel room and sleep tight. You'll be much happier especially if you want the wife to go cruising.