Owens

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Just a heads up that the Owens brothers sold their shop. The sister appears to still be there for now, but that could be transitional as she ran the joint.

Let's hope quality and customer service continue! Rarely, does this ever work out for the consumer.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Let's hope quality and customer service continue! Rarely, does this ever work out for the consumer.

You can bet the farm that the new owners have their bottom line in focus more than they do upholding the attention to quality. I hope I'm wrong but buying Asian products to build things is a huge temptation. Like stainless steel hardware that rusts like ferrous steel. Aluminum that corrodes like a pop cans and cracks like walnut shells.

Thats where take-overs seem to go but maybe it will be some dedicated American rednecks that will keep on with the great customer relationships and product quality that Owens is known for.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just looked at their new launched website and don't recognize any of the names that are now in charge. Then I looked at the "request quote" page and saw that galvanized axles are now an optional upgrade, and I'm not sure what an "axel" is but maybe I can find out.

I've got Jeff's cell...I'll see if I can get hold of him.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I just looked at their new launched website and don't recognize any of the names that are now in charge. Then I looked at the "request quote" page and saw that galvanized axles are now an optional upgrade, and I'm not sure what an "axel" is but maybe I can find out.

I've got Jeff's cell...I'll see if I can get hold of him.
His sister is still running the behind the scenes, but who knows for how long. It was a good run...

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Best trailer I have towed in my life. My Owens is just a year old now . Let's hope the new people realize the importance of the brand they bought and figure how important maintains or improving the quality is for their future

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Who bought it?
Im not sure---my rod builder was getting a new trailer and told me they sold. He might have the last one before it get basterized. I'm a native and this one stings a bit--NY invasion in full swing and good local businesses seeing the writing on the wall...I want out.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
An update-I spoke to them yesterday. Sounds like much of it was driven by a desire to get out of St Pete and get back to a simple life. Jeff is working his land in Live Oak; Doug is in Crystal River; Kim is traveling.

Everyone who worked there still works there. The product remains the same. Kim still helps out in the office. And the sale actually occurred (quietly) in December of last year. This transition may turn out to be ok.