OX66 Oil drip/ leak

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So far so good with the oil drip. After cleaning underneath everything, I have not seen any oil on the bracket. Now after posting this, I bet I will see it tomorrow morning when I head out fishing.

seasick

Reaction score
On my motor I sometimes have the oil tank drip but when I do this is what happens:
When tilted up, some oil leaks out of the cap on the main tank sensor. That oil pools in the bottom of the cowling but does not leak out into the motor well UNTIL the motor is tilted down. Even then, it can take some time.
Other than replacing the sensor which is pretty expensive, I have found that popping the sensor can and cleaning the inside lip as well as the lip on the tank helps. Turning the cap to a different orientation can help. Putting a tie wrap around the cap may help too.
After all these years of on and off leaks, I just clean up the oil in the motor well and go fishing.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Agreed...I always put mine tilted up and to the side so it drips out of that little hole on the bottom.

Still not much showing on the bracket but I am going to take the cowel off next time and see how it looks. I was thinking of replacing the cap as well but I do not see any oil showing on the tank sides which has me pondering where the leak was.

Hopefully it was just coming from the oil I never cleaned that settled on the bottom. If not, I will be posting pics of where it is seen.

seasick

Reaction score
I don't think the cap is replaceable. It is part of the sensor assembly