Pacemaker Wahoo 26 CC ??? (I Have a 228 Seafarer too!)

Capt Khaos

Reaction score
Yes I own and love my Grady but...the other day, while telling fishing lies at the local bar, a guy offered to GIVE me this boat. It's a 1976 Pacemaker 26 Center Console. Twin Cummins 4BT (150 hp each) diesels in a straight inboard setup. It's not running right now but both engines turn over. I towed it home on the hip with my GW from Pompano Beach, about 10 miles from here by the ICW.

Anyway, does anybody know anything about this boat. The Pacemaker forum is down (they say due to changing to new administrators). There is little info on these boats elsewhere. It seems really solid. 10 foot beam, nice flare at the bow, BIG hardtop. It even has a new Garmin 498 plotter/sounder and an Icom 504 VHF. (Yes, I got the title too...)

If I get it running and it turns out to be a decent boat I may sell the GW.

Thanks for any info you have.

-Dan

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There were 2 in my marina 2 seasons ago, I've never fished them but have been on them, they seemed like solid boats. The one was appropriately named "Fish Tank". I wonder what the condition of the boat is structurally.

Capt Khaos

Reaction score
It runs!

I changed the Racors and charged the batteries. It started right up. Tomorrow we seatrial. Anyone want to buy a 2002 Seafarer?

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Pacemaker plant was owned by the Leak family in southen New Jersey.The first built Egg Yarbor yahts then Pacemaker and now Ocean Yaht.The plant was in Lower bank on the Mullica river.Not far from where I live.Just saw them mentioned on Port of call TV show.You may be able to get some info from Ocean Yaht company.

Toomac

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 1988 seafarer i/o. Was thinking about either a diesel replacement or pod the boat with an outboard. Looking for any advice .

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It runs!

I changed the Racors and charged the batteries. It started right up. Tomorrow we seatrial. Anyone want to buy a 2002 Seafarer?
It runs!

It runs!

You did say 228? I have a 226 but would love a 228. Price ? And more info please. Pm me

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You did say 228? I have a 226 but would love a 228. Price ? And more info please. Pm me

You do know the OP posted "you want to by my Seafarer ?" 12 years ago??? Afraid you might be a little late to buy his 228.