Panda 4200 Oil Change complete

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
So, I did my first oil change on the Panda 4200 Generator in my 336 today myself because I was having a difficult time finding anyone that would come do it. Turns out it‘s very simple. There is no oil filter on the 4200 so its just an oil change every 100 hrs and there is a filter screen nut you are supposed to take off every 300 and clean the screen. Takes about a quart and a quarter of SAE 30 oil. Generator has a oil change hose already mounted on it thats about 1/5 ft long with a cap on the end. Warm it up, Unscrew the cap, And put the hose in a gallon milk jug to empty the gen, then refill the oil. Not sure I’m crazy about no oil filter but its so easy to change you can easily do it quick if the oil is hot. Need a small funnel for the new oil. I did it without spilling a drop so it is obviously easy. I fully expected to be cleaning up oil everywhere. I used full synthetic but it isn’t required.
Water pump looks like its easy to change, but hard to get to with the way my Generator is mounted in the 336. Save that for next time. Too hot in south FL to attempt today and I had to beat the afternoon rain anyway.

teaklejr

Reaction score
This is on my list for the end of the season as well as changing out the fuel filter.