Panda generator

Lucky Stars

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2 so far.
First was hard start at 10 hours. The dealer adjusted the valves at the first service and it starts right up ever since.
They had a recall on the battery cable feeding the generator. The dealer installed an inline fuse at the battery disconnect switch.
Other then that I add diesel and change the oil.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mine froze up around 30 hours and was replaced by FP and no cost to me. This included 2 boat pick up, deliveries, and all of the installation. A tech from FP even called me at work to inform me of the status. He said the problem was most unusual. I felt their customer service was great!Ditto for GW and the dealer who also kept me posted.

What problems have you seen? Rest assured you will be taken care of but I'd be surprised to hear of widespread issues. GW is still using the FP as well as other builders such as Pursuit who now install them as well.

GSTiger

Reaction score
My FP was having intermitent cranking problems. Turns out I needed a new starter relay. I believe it was the K1 relay. In any case, the FP service tech came out and replaced and I have not had any problems. I discoverd that others had the same problem with the relay.

Banana River View

Reaction score
I had a problem with my genset shutting down. The display panel would display "Unexpected Shut Down" :roll: I had it to the dealer several times and the Panda people would get it running but I was never satisfied with their diagnosis.

On a trip to the Bahamas me and my buddy figured out the problem. It was the fuse panel mounted to the genset. The fuses would almost fall out of their sockets when you touched them. All I had to do was reseat the fuses or wiggle them and the genset would start.

On my recent trip to my dealer, Panda came out and replaced all the fuses with what they called an upgraded fuse which fits more snugly into the fusr holder. They said they other customers with the same issue. I will see if this eliminates my issue... BRV

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My panda had 25 hours on it and it conked out. I called fischer and described problem (engine would not start but could hear fuel pump running). They said it was probably a relay, and explained how to test it. Sure enough one of the relays was shot. They recommended that I change fuel and oil filter, clean strainer and change impeller. They said generator was 3 years old, but even with limited hours, it made sense to do that. I then asked about valve adjustment and they said not enough hours and I needed at least 50 hours otherwise I was wasting my money.
Called a local service guy and he did all the work described above for under $250.00. He said the fischer panda was a star and would last a very very long time.
Anybody got a preferred diesel additive?

elijah gale

Reaction score
My 4200 plus failed after 5 hrs use. . Locked up. Fischer Panda is supposidly looking into this but ther first impression is that water had entered the generator. I dont think this was user error. Hpoefully they dont leave me "out to dry"..I'll let you know what their customer service is like soon.

Fishtales

Reaction score
30 hours and no issues to date.

elijah gale

Reaction score
Oh My.. 300 plus hrs without an issue.. I must have a lemon.. Well, I'll let you know how Fischer Panda Customer service handles this. I want to think that if Grady White chose FIscher Panda to put in their boats then the must be a good generator. Good Fishing.

AyeZer

Reaction score
In this time, how much this 2005 30 ft Marlin cost? I have a plan to buy this before the year ends. If I can buy this before 2010 will come, I will be more glad and my coming year will be perfect.