Parts for 1984 Seafarer - Wanted

UCPA111

Reaction score
For my 1984 Seafarer, I am looking for the hatch adjuster that folks are using for the hatch the pops up to the topside deck (bow side of the cabin). Mine is corroded. It's metal and about 8" long and I can not find it anywhere.
Also, for my lids on the fish boxes under the helm seats, I want to put some seals in. Currently, they have nothing. This means the lips of the lids hammer down and I have gelcoat on gelcoat rubbing. I could just glue some rubber on the correct thickness on there, but wondered if there was something people used and knew where to get it. Doesn't have to be OEM but do want something that cushions and works well.

For the cushions that go onto the fishbox lids (mentioned above), I'd like to get new cushions. Any ideas?

Any ideas on where to find cushions for the cabin?

Thanks.

SirGrady226

Reaction score
I have a 1987 226, seldom use any of the cushions unless we are just going cruising in the river and need them for extra seating. My cabin (bedding) cushions are stored in my attic, they would only be needed if we wanted to sleep on the boat which we have not done yet. I have square flotation cushions that I keep stored in the cabin that come in handy to sit on when needed. There isn't really any sources for any replacement cushions for our older boats that I know of, but marine upholstery companies can make new ones if you can afford it. Most of my snaps now need replacing on the original cushions and fish box lids, just haven't needed to use them enough to warrant me doing that yet. Mostly use the boat for fishing or getting us to certain gatherings we have here on our many waterways.

As far as seals for the fish box lids, I have not seen this done personally, but it makes sense knowing how many times I have heard mine slam. I imagine one would need to search online and establish a thickness and depth needed. I might be looking into that too at some point.

Reactions: UCPA111

gw204

Reaction score
I might have that hatch adjuster in my stockpile of parts at home. I'll try and remember to have a look sometime this week.

Reactions: UCPA111

UCPA111

Reaction score
I might have that hatch adjuster in my stockpile of parts at home. I'll try and remember to have a look sometime this week.
Thanks. I can take a picture if it helps.
Shawn

Fishtales

Reaction score
For the cushions, I'd go to a local marine canvas/upholstery shop. Template out what you want with cardboard and go have a conversation. That is the best way if you ask me.
As for the hatch part, your going to have your work cut out for you. Maybe check ebay?

UCPA111

Reaction score
For the cushions, I'd go to a local marine canvas/upholstery shop. Template out what you want with cardboard and go have a conversation. That is the best way if you ask me.
As for the hatch part, your going to have your work cut out for you. Maybe check ebay?

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured. I do have the existing cushions for the cockpit and I can use them for templates. Thanks everyone for the help. If anyone has parts or a source...let me know! Thanks!!

gw204

Reaction score
Taaaa daaaa....

You need the entire hatch, right? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6156.JPG
    IMG_6156.JPG
    734.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6157.JPG
    IMG_6157.JPG
    682.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6158.JPG
    IMG_6158.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 11

UCPA111

Reaction score
Taaaa daaaa....

You need the entire hatch, right? ;)

LOL! Mine has a hatch :) Are you willing to part with the hatch adjuster only or the whole thing has to go? Thanks for looking for it.
I looked at making my own hatch adjuster - machining a new one. But, this would require less of my time. :)

gw204

Reaction score
I would like to sell the hatch and adjuster together simply because I'm trying to get rid of stuff. I know that if I sell just the adjuster the hatch will end up in the garbage and I had to do that to good parts...

Make an offer on what you want. Shipping would be from 20685.

UCPA111

Reaction score
I would like to sell the hatch and adjuster together simply because I'm trying to get rid of stuff. I know that if I sell just the adjuster the hatch will end up in the garbage and I had to do that to good parts...

Make an offer on what you want. Shipping would be from 20685.
Does the hatch mechanism slide and lock as it should? I am investigating making one (have a couple machinist friends) vs buying one. I know you want to sell the complete package, and I may circle back around to make an offer.

gw204

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, everything operated as it should the last time I checked. I'll look at it again to make sure though.