Parts Vu?

Freedom 205

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Anyone else having problems with Parts Vu? Ordered a bunch of stuff and needed to return one item. They seem to make it impossible. Customer service says they'll call but never do.
Anyone else have issues?
Let you know if it finally works out

seasick

Reaction score
If you called this week, I can understand that maybe they sort of shut down for the holidays. I know other vendors that do that.
I have used PartsVu in the past (2022 if I remember correctly) and all was fine but I didn't have anything to return.
Good luck, happy New Year

Freedom 205

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Been going in for 2 weeks and the final return date was 12/24. Feels like they're running down the clock but we'll see.
Let you all know.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've never done a return through them before, but I did buy a cowling cover for my F225 with them and didn't have any issues at all. As mentioned, I don't have any experience with doing a return, but their reviews online are definitely above average or better. It could just be the person that you got on the phone who wasn't exactly the best at doing their job? Might try calling them back and seeing if you can speak with someone else, a manager or so forth? Depending on how much the item is/was, you might also be able to call up your bank or credit card company, explain the situation to them and dispute the charges that way.

OceanSun

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Had nothing but stellar service with PartsVu - even when I ordered the wrong parts as my mistake they totally took care of me. I'd try them again before going the disputed charge route - that really screws with the relationship they have with their CC processing company. I've also seen notices that they are moving locations which may have something to do with service at the moment (along with holiday break for most).

Freedom 205

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
I will wait until the new year and give them a chance. Then go the disputed charge route.
They have the return (unopened, in original packaging), just can't get my money back.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those THT guys were complaining about slow shipping, and availability issues in 2020, and early 2021. I guess they didn't know what else was going on, outside their own little world.

Freedom 205

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
I was only referring to the myriad number of customer service problems that are similar to what I have experienced. There are many more current ones.
I'm not sure that insulting other groups of boaters helps but some people go there.
Seems like a lot of complaints with BBB to me.
I just don't want to lose my money!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was only referring to the myriad number of customer service problems that are similar to what I have experienced. There are many more current ones.
I'm not sure that insulting other groups of boaters helps but some people go there.
Seems like a lot of complaints with BBB to me.
I just don't want to lose my money!
I'm not trying to be negative or sound like a jerk or anything, that being said did you even look at the number of complaints that they have on the BBB website? If you scroll halfway down the page or so or and on the right hand side you'll see 12 complaints in 3 years... 12. Averaging only 4 complaints a year on the BBB website for a company that likely does thousands, if not tens of thousands of orders per year, to me is absolutely insane. Be patient and let them do their thing, if they still don't resolve the issue or get back to you, then as mentioned at least once or twice above, talk to your CC company or bank about it and dispute the charges. Also, as stated above, yes THT does tend to have quite a few overly dramatic people on their website that tend to make mountains out of molehills or embellish things to make themselves sound better. I can only imagine how many of them either ordered the wrong parts or the issue was on their end and not PartsVu but still blamed or left PV a bad review just because. The same I'm sure can also be said about the likely thousands, if not tens of thousands, of the positive experiences and reviews that haven't been left online for their company over the years. Add all of those up and the 12 negative reviews on the BBB website becomes an even lower percentage point than before.

Freedom 205

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
I already said I will wait and hope they resolve things.
I was pointing out the number of very similar complaints about refunds and service. A web search shows many many many more. If my business had that many id be oob.
I am hoping for the best and will let you know.

Coastboater

Reaction score
Previously had good experience with them until I had to return a basic Yamaha oem part(non-electrical). They issued a rma #, I sent it back at my expense, then said it was non-returnable and shipped it back to me. Certainly an easy CC charge dispute but not worth my time.
I’m sure they won’t miss my business, but I buy from SIM and support a small family business instead.

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
I have ordered from them on several occasions, great service and fast shipping.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I already said I will wait and hope they resolve things.
I was pointing out the number of very similar complaints about refunds and service. A web search shows many many many more. If my business had that many id be oob.
I am hoping for the best and will let you know.

I read the THT thread and the BBB complaints and they both look pretty minor, you can't fault the vendor for parts delays in 2021-2022, but hey maybe they do suck at returns. I think everyone posting positive things here is just reiterating that generally they are a legitimate business.

I've ordered from them about 8-10 times and have always been happy. Their website does NOT give a good indication of what might be in stock vs warehoused elsewhere/backordered, so a few things have arrived a week later than I would have expected, and if something were on national backorder I can see how this could cause a big problem. In fact, now that I write that I remember that I urgently needed a part last year and was ready to pack up and drive the two hours to their location to pick one up since it did show on the website, but I called and they told me nope they didn't have it.

Since they're just on the other coast of FL for me, for items they have in their own warehouse I usually get them the next day with ground shipping.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Capt. Mike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Anyone else having problems with Parts Vu? Ordered a bunch of stuff and needed to return one item. They seem to make it impossible. Customer service says they'll call but never do.
Anyone else have issues?
Let you know if it finally works out
I know a few months ago, they were moving to a different location. Maybe that was the problem.

Reactions: Freedom 205