Pedestal seat

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Looking for some help . Captain’s pedestal seat bushing , not sure of manufacture is , twisted my body in multiple positions looking .. seat goes back and forth cannot lock . Looks to be original seat , boat is a 2000 gradywhite 232 Gulfstream . Thnks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
twisted my body in multiple positions looking ..
You're gonna laugh when I tell you this, but... Loosen the handle so the seat can spin freely... simply lift up on the seat. It will come right off the post. C'mon... you're 62 years old - you GOTTA know the saying of "work smarter, not harder" by now! :)

It "might" be this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000221C9O/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure who the seat hardware manufacturer is... Springfield, Garelick, etc. But all that matters for the plastic cup/bushing is that the size is right - based primarily on the diameter of your post. BUT... this doesn't affect the seat going back and forth (sliding). That is accomplished by the slider mechanism. Once you have the seat off and upside down, you'll get a better idea of what's going on.

Last edited:

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
That is funny cause if I wasn’t in a rush I may have thought that one out , it seems when I get on the boat just to have my solitude and look into repairs or what things need to be done , there’s always some where we have to go .. my bones thank you

Woofman

Reaction score
The plastic on my slide was worn out. I found it easier to replace the pedestal and upgraded to height and slide adjustable.