PENETROL

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I just got back from the supply shop to get some Penetrol and the owner told me that the Penetrol company was sold and it is no longer available. Sold his last can about a month ago. Is this true? Any good alternatives?

TBone

Reaction score
I just bought some a couple months ago @ home depot, and there was also some at the local hardware shop @ Barrow's in Worcester when I was ther two weeks ago.

That being said, when I tried it on the Duratrim, it really didnt help.

I ended up replacing all the Duratrim with Mahogany, and then used Starbrite Golden teak oil, came out very nice and it was easy to do.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
West Marine even carries it.... well, they carry the Penetrol Marine. Probably the same stuff with a premium price.

gw204

Reaction score
Capt Bill said:
West Marine even carries it.... well, they carry the Penetrol Marine. Probably the same stuff with a premium price.

Everything at West Marine comes at a premium price. :roll: I try never to shop there unless I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else. Boaters World is my favorite retail shop.

ahill

Reaction score
Boatowners Warehouse has consistently low prices especially on repackaged Yamalube gallons.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
One can will last many lifetimes, so pick one up now. Pass it on to the kids.

I saw it the Depot too, or Lowes, dont recall.

Guys who prefer anything with wood grain over starboard sterility hosptial look, it works good enough.

Barry Pugh

Reaction score
I also tried it on the Duratrim and was dissapointed. I accidently spilled some steering fluid on the trim and it looks like new now for a year.

smontgomery

Reaction score