Permatrim for Yamaha F150

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi all,

Just curious, has anyone installed a Permatrim on their F150 yamaha? Would you recommend it? Any improvements? I have a Adventure 208 and am considering. Thanks

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I installed one on my F150 and have one now on my F200 on a Grady 208. Yes I recommend it primarily for "some" of the reasons stated in their promotion of the Permatrim.

Last edited:

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thanks Trapper! Any downside? I have a f150 on a 208 and get avg 3 mpg. I'm trying to get more. I do not have trim tabs and that is why i am looking into it. Thanks

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sdfish, if the budget will handle i,t I recommend Bennett trim tabs. easy to install yourself and certainly makes a difference in lumpy waters (bow down) and levelling boat heading into strong port or starboard wind. Just my humble opinion.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Bennett or Lenco electric trim tabs will help but only at higher speeds when running on plane. If you’re targeting increased mpg while trolling you could consider propeller size and possibly switching to a 4-blade.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, I have a F8 kicker motor for trolling and slow cruising, so was referring to the F150 on plane.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Yes, I have a F8 kicker motor for trolling and slow cruising, so was referring to the F150 on plane.

I wish we could use a kicker for trolling here but even a 9.9 high thrust will barely make headway/keep the bow pointed upsea on normal tradewind days. I can only imagine your fuel burn using the kicker...