PEX water hose?

teaklejr

Reaction score
Anyone replaced the freshwater hoses with PEX hose? This last season i kept having to tighten hose clamps to stop tiny leaks, so was going to replace all lines with new hose, clamps and tees but then thought about the PEX tubing. Would be easier to work with and have no hose clamps to deal with.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Anyone replaced the freshwater hoses with PEX hose? This last season i kept having to tighten hose clamps to stop tiny leaks, so was going to replace all lines with new hose, clamps and tees but then thought about the PEX tubing. Would be easier to work with and have no hose clamps to deal with.
Sure. Actually, PEX (or whatever brand) is quite common on boats. All of my boats that had water systems (whether just cold or both hot/cold) used PEX. A good source for pipe and fittings is freshwatersystems.com. You can also call and talk to them - they are quite knowledgeable. They will have plastic fittings (SeaTech, Guest, etc) and plastic is MORE than adequate for this job. You do not need to spend the money on brass fittings from HD/Lowes. FWS will also have brass, by the way. However, if you're only using a few fittings and a short run of pipe, it probably doesn't matter where you buy it... it might be easier to just buy it from HD/Lowes. But just wanted to point out that plastic is just fine - plenty of top tier boat manufacturers use plastic fittings.

Reactions: teaklejr

Fishtales

Reaction score
not as flexible as standard lines, but if you winterize it should be fine. i am surprised how well pex holds up in all the different appications - hot, cold and FHW systems. Should be fine.