Pic`s of Trophy Pro`s and you mod`s.

Reel Quick

Reaction score
I am restoring a 1989 Trophy Pro and was looking for pic`s of interiors,shore power locations( mine has none) and any other modifications one has made to theirs.
I am loving this boat more and more for the fish ability, but the one thing I despise is the cabin lay out.
One bunk,drives me nuts. Rod holder set up on port side ,not needed,I bring my gear home. Wasted space for me.
I was also wondering what the difference between the sail fish and the TP for this year.
I assume creature comforts that I`m looking for?
I took over the new motor payments on this boat and got the the vessel and everything else for free.
Any tips,mod`s or pic`s would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You for your time.

JeffN

Reaction score
Check the Grady site for old sales literature. Should have some pictures of your model and the Sailfish so you can compare. Sounds like you should have gone with the Sailfish if you were looking for amenities. Same hull (I believe - at one point they were) with little less cockpit than the Trophy but more cabin, V berth, quarter berth, enclosed head, etc.

My shorepower connection is mounted on the starboard rear of the helm station side bulkhead facing the stern. I don't know where it would be on a Trophy. My two circuit elec. panel is located in the storage area under the bridgedeck to starboard that on my boat you access through the head compartment. On a Trophy what is in these spaces under the bridgedeck both port and starboard? To port on my Kingfish (my year a Kingfish like I own is a Sailfish equiped with I/Os) is a quarter berth.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Fish or Fuc*?

Why did you buy this boat, do you want to Fish, or Fuc* in it?

The Trophy Pro is an awesome day-trip fishing machine.
It's not an overnighter.
It's big enough to take 3 buddies out to slay the Tuna offshore, and small enough to take out solo whenever the mood strikes.
It has a bigger cockpit than some 40 footers, handles great in any Seas that those same 40 footer are going to be out in, and does it all affordably.

If you want overnight accomodations and luxury appointments, you should have bought a Sea Ray.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Fish or Fuc*?

Finest Kind said:
Why did you buy this boat, do you want to Fish, or Fuc* in it?

quote]

Depends...

Reel Quick

Reaction score
My answer to your question is both.
Like I said, I didn`t buy the boat, I bought the motors.
I have overnighted on this boat for tun with a crew of 4,but like you said it is what it is.
Thanks for the info.

blackgrady

Reaction score
nothing you can do about the berth my friend. i removed the rod holders on the port side in my 85 trophy pro to gain 1/2 a bunk if thats what you would call it. its a purpose boat, go kill your days catch and follow the big boys home.

0510101902.jpg

we take sleeping bags for the overnighters and pick our days!!

cheers,
steve