Pics of Grady without stripes?

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Intead of replacing the worn and faded decals, I'm thinking of just permenently removing the blue stripe decals on the sides of the hull... anyone already do this and have any pics to share?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here is my 180...sans stripes:

2009-01-02%20004.jpg

Side.JPG

jaydub

Reaction score
looks good but I think I still like it with the stripes better... looks nekked

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Agreed, looks bare.

Search gw204, he had some pics of his old Sailfish without, he seemed to like it.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Maybe I've gotten used to it.

Or maybe its because a stripe kit is $160, and as soon as I put it on, I'll get a case of dock rash :D

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Parthery said:
Here is my 180...sans stripes:

2009-01-02%20004.jpg

Side.JPG

Very clean looking boat, nice!
Stripe-less gives it good looks that stand out from the crowd, not your everyday run of the mill Grady.

Stripe-less also makes the craft look like it has a deeper hull, I like it.

Seanik

Reaction score
I don't know if you were able to view pictures in the previous post but when i painted the hull of my 33' Express Yellow instead of White I thought the stripes were no longer needed. Let me know what you think.

nightfighter

Reaction score
I took the striping and the logo of my 209 Escape. Looks bigger and the name fits better. Don't know how to post pics from my photo gallery though. There will be a shadow of the stripe for a year or so, but it fades. You will be the only one to notice it in time. Not worried about whether people know it's a Grady, or not. People who know boats know, and I know.

fishermanaddict

Reaction score
I was thinking to remove the blue strip out. What is the best way to remove the strip out? Could someone help me through the process?

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
fishermanaddict said:
I was thinking to remove the blue strip out. What is the best way to remove the strip out? Could someone help me through the process?

Try using heat from a heat gun or hair dryer..Carefully not to burn gelcote

fishermanaddict

Reaction score
This morning I started to remove the stripe out .I never thought It is so easy to remove. I used the heat gun and a sharp scrapper. The heat gun made the job so much easier. Took me 1 1/2 hour to remove all the stripes on my 209 escape. Then I remove the remain ehisive(spell) with GOO GONE that I bought from Walmart. I appiled GOO Gone on the soft spun then put on the ahesive, let it sit for 5 minutes . I soak some goo gone on the scott bright the gentle rub back and fort. They come out very easy. Then wash the boat down. The boat now look bigger and has a clean look.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
sadday.jpg

Here's mine, '91 Sailfish.

richie rich

Reaction score
Grog, the Sailfish looks good without stripes...nice, clean look.....looks like there's more room for those IPA's :lol: