Pic's of new Grady (from Australia)

sully4

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
New to the site but have been a long time reader.
Picked up the new 258 journey in Feb so i thought it was about time to post some pic's.
NewImage10.jpg

gradyportlandmarch09001.jpg

gradyportlandmarch09017.jpg

gradyportlandmarch09028.jpg

GradyWhiteandportland055.jpg

GradyWhiteandportland060.jpg

GradyWhiteandportland064.jpg

Cheers
Glenn

Average Joe

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mate! Very nice boat, thanks for sharing the pictures. I like the engine covers but I must say I've never seen anyone run with them on.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Very nice looking boat. I have a question on the lift. Looks loke the boat rests on just the metal or that is not metal ? I have seen these lifts in Europe also, but i alway thought they were metal.

LI Grady

Reaction score
Great looking ride! Best of luck with her.

Fast question. In the 2nd pic it looks like you have a rocket launcher set up in the stern that must be removable since its not in the other cockpit shots.

What/how do you have that set up?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Awesome looking boat!! Hope it brings you years of enjoyment!!

I hate to be negative, but want you to enjoy the boat for years to come. I noticed the boat lift has the boat sitting on the strakes, I'd beware of that, I do not believe they are structural strakes, and over time you will likely crush them or crack them, something you'd like to avoid. Might need to modify that front part to fix that. Might need to make the front pad's stepped to put more weight on the hull, not just on the strakes themselves.

Tommyboy

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing as Gradyfish ... Take it from me, adjust that lift before you do any damage... I currently have cracks in both bottom strakes caused by trailer rollers from last fall. Not a hugh deal to fix but avoid it if you can !!

Nice boat though !! Good luck with it !!

Tom

sully4

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comment s and feedback.
The engine covers are fantastic,endorsed by yamaha and made in Western Australia (website is outboardcovers.com.au). Can't have the company name on them unless purchased and authorised by the relative brand but heaps of guys use them here.
The stainless rod holders around the back deck are called snapper racks. I fish mainly in Melbourne and everyone has these on their boats. They fit into the existing rod holders and are removable (cost around $1000 aud).There is also a "gate" that allows access to the transom door (you can see it in the up position in the photo. The idea is to have the rod in the holder laying parallel with the water (fishing at anchor and when the snapper run the rod buckles over and the reel screams off ). I have attached a better photo below.
The air dock is incredible and made here, they have no moving parts or pulleys and have a 70 year warranty on the plastic (there is no metal)and 5 years on the pump (all that does is pump the air IN). Its so basic. When its filled with water it sinks and when its filled with air it floats the boat. I will add some photo's if anyone is interested to see it in action. The sling that goes under the boat to hold it off the structure is made of hard rubber and i am pretty sure there is no weight taken on the strakes only the hull itself but i will follow up.
Cheers
Glenn

Engine covers, bait board and snapper rack
[img]http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/sully4_album/GradyWhiteandportland016.jpg

GradyWhiteandportland025.jpg

Air being pumpoed in and water out to lift the boat
gradyportlandmarch09026.jpg

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
is that helm on the wrong side?

congratulations on the boat and have a great time.

prodiver

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I noticed the plate for the anchor windlass lever has changed colors. It happened to mine too, and they will replace it free..

Nice boat, thanks for the pics...

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the club from Townsville NQ. We went from no GW's here to 4 in the space of 2 years. The dollar exchange helped a lot...... we may see another boom ......soon.

dobson_c

Reaction score
My 228 is now on its way to Sydney, so hopefully another Grady immigrant arrive soon!

I'll post some pics too

dobson_c

Reaction score
There are a couple of ways,

1. In a shipping container (but the boat's dimensions need to suit)
2. RoRo - Roll on Roll off. This is how my boat will be transported - on its trailer, rolled onto a car carrier in Baltimore and rolled off in Sydney
3. There are also vessels made to specifically transport large boats, whereby the shipping vessel takes on water, the boat is 'sailed' in and then the water is then pumped out of the shipping vessel and the boat is strapped down on a cradle.

The Grady market in Aus is relatively immature, so there are limited pre-loved Grady's to buy. We have a couple of dealers that will sell you a new one though. The US is really the only option for a pre-loved Grady. You may find it hard to believe, but its still economically viable to purchase and ship a Grady from the US. There are some good deals at the moment.

Its a lot of work (late nights and early mornings) and stress, but hopefully it will pay off when my sweet 228 arrives!

Anyway, apologies for hijacking the thread. That's enough from me.

ausandy

Reaction score
re 228

hey dobson, my new 228 is being shipped mid july into melb, maybe i`ll come and see you on the harbour up there.... andy

Gary M

Reaction score
What kind of fish are in the boxes in the 7th/last photo?

What's under the round, chrome cover on the transom?

Nice covers!