Picture of VHF Antenna Mounting on 07 Tournament 205 Needed

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Best bet (although there's no reason you can't put it somewhere else) is stbd side, outside the window. Google for pics of your boat - I'm sure there are a ton of them on the net that you can find in 8 seconds. But generally, that would be the easiest location. Even at that location, though, there is no "exact" spot - just look at the area, including the backside, and do it. Believe me, this isn't rocket science - don't get too caught up in the 'perfect' location - just put it where it makes sense to you.

hardasset

Reaction score
Mine is about a foot forward of this one. Drill through the vertical surface just below where the forward most portion of the window frame and put a clamshell over once you’ve run the coax into the console. You can then either drill another whole into the glove box, or mount a black box type vhf with mic controls in the console.

Attachments

• EC4E3A87-52F5-4F23-8C77-0EB0EFD1B769.jpeg
    EC4E3A87-52F5-4F23-8C77-0EB0EFD1B769.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

JAdams1

Reaction score
Mine is about a foot forward of this one. Drill through the vertical surface just below where the forward most portion of the window frame and put a clamshell over once you’ve run the coax into the console. You can then either drill another whole into the glove box, or mount a black box type vhf with mic controls in the console.

Wow, your Tournament is really clean!

Fishtales

Reaction score
You definitely want it so you can get at it from the helm. If you need to drop it for any reason, it will be a snap.