Piece of Rub Rail Needed

racerfern

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 249
A previous owner cut the rub rail to allow for the swim ladder to hang better. Unfortunately it's about five feet from the stern on the port side. I either need a piece about two feet long to piece in or a piece 8' long that will go to the stern and terminate under the cap.

The rub rail is the usual Grady blue and is 1-1/2 inches tall. Anybody replace and have a piece hanging around or know of an older donor boat? Any help is appreciated.
badrubrail.jpg

PT G

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Randy King Marine in Verplanck (Northern Westchester) (914) 737-4306...he has a good size boat salvage yard. He may have something there. It looks like you are on Long Island probably and hour+ ride for you.

racerfern

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 249
Thank you @PT G . I am on LI so it's not far.
@Halfhitch I checked their website and didn't find a match. I'm going to try the other post as hopefully it's old and won't be as obtrusive as a brand new piece.

I appreciate both responses.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I shipped new rub rail to a member on this forum about 12 months ago. He should have a piece left over unless he disposed it.
I can remember what state but you may want to contact him, send him a pm on this forum his name is Chris.

Wally World

Copro

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I just ordered new rubrails for my 04 marlin. The old one is pretty beat up with no insert . Are you near florida?

racerfern

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 249
I just ordered new rubrails for my 04 marlin. The old one is pretty beat up with no insert . Are you near florida?
Not near FLA but I have quite a few friends that could pick up and ship for me to NY. What city? Thanks for replying!!!

racerfern

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 249
@Copro Well, Pensacola won't work. You mentioned no insert, did you mean the metal support piece or the round tube that finishes the piece. If no metal that's fine, I can make something. Could you ship? If you want, send me a private message and we can continue discussing. Thanks.