Pigeon got in the cabin...

ghcpa9

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So I head out to my mooring, open up the cabin and see bird poop and feathers in the cabin. Looks like it was very recent since the was not that much. Now, I realize there is a vent under the port side gunnel that goes through to the cabin which is the only possible explanation. Cabin door and windows are secure. Luckily I don't have the cushions on board since I want to redo them.

I need to block this passage but with some thing that allows air circulation but not sure what to use. Have you guys ever had a problem like this?

ROBH1965

Reaction score
Pidgeon

I had a raccoon get into the cabin on my 1994 Adventurera a couple of years ago during the winter , what a mess. Both Port and Starboard sides have access from the gunwhales as well as access from in front of the seats. I made plywood covers to prevent anything from gaining access from either side. That is the first thing I looked at when I picked up the 1997 272 Sailfish. Good Luck

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im sure a window screen will keep the birds out, not sure about the raccoons

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
went to start my motor after a sitting about a 2 weeks last month, Yellow jackets had built a nest right under the console. nasty pissed of hive too. Almost got me, could not get near the key to shut off the engine either.
(alergic to bees). Used a long paint pole and smacked the key off.
Waited till night time and gassed the suckers.