PLBs

JeffN

Reaction score
I am looking to get a GPS enabled PLB for this season. Surfing the net this evening I note that ACR has what I think is a new unit, the ResQLink+. This unit unlike the earlier version floats according to the literature so it does not need a floatation pouch or collar. Anyone have one and if so how do you like it. I am open to any other PLB product reviews also. I am not interested in sending messages to family etc. just looking for something for emergencies.

What are you guys using?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi.
I got it from tht THT group buy too from BOE. Great deal. $50 rebate on top of a great price. I have the 2881 in addition to my larger epirb.
Added a nice GPS hand held too this year. Hope to do a new life raft (THT has a group buy on this from BOE too). Give Jim a call, he may be able to extend it.

tx

JeffN

Reaction score
Ah looks like I missed that one. I am going to call ACR this week as I have some questions but it looks like the
ResQLink+ is the way to go, at this point anyway.Thanks for the help. I do go on THT now and then but man there is a lot of attitude over there. Maybe if I had a 40' CC with six 350s I would fit in better :shock:

cedarholm

Reaction score
JeffN said:
Ah looks like I missed that one. I am going to call ACR this week as I have some questions but it looks like the
ResQLink+ is the way to go, at this point anyway.Thanks for the help. I do go on THT now and then but man there is a lot of attitude over there. Maybe if I had a 40' CC with six 350s I would fit in better :shock:

I just ignore the occasional attitude. I've got a 1993 GW Escape 209 and I learn alot over there.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I find them fine over there. Call Jim at BOE direct and see if he will help you get it at the discounted price. He is a good guy and one that you should at least allow to quote on all electronic purchases. No ties to BOE, just a satisfied repeat customer.

JeffN

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
I find them fine over there.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. While this board is smaller I find more useful info here most of the time. I have looked at BOE for prices in the past and when I do get the PLB in the next couple of months I'll check them out. Thanks for the input.