Please Help!! - Sailfish Fuel System - set up advice Pls

tohotim

Reaction score
I recently purchased a GW Sailfish that was converted from the OMC Seadrive set up to twin carburated Merc 200's on a bracket. The fuel tanks are built-in, below deck and the original OMC's used a dual electric primer system. Each tank has dual pickups.

(the primers were recently removed - without my knowledge, along with all the fuel lines from the tanks to the engines...)

I would like to simplify the carburated Merc set-up and avoid primers if possible.

Questions:

Can i simply run new fuel lines with bulbs / check valves from tanks-to-main/aux switch valve - to engines??? and avoid electric fuel primers all together??

Can I simply use a manual 3-way fuel switch valve instead of an electric one?

What hoses, connections & clamps do I need to go from dual tanks with dual pickups to twin carburated Merc outboards?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

PS - yes, i know i need to repower soon, but have to start somewhere... :noob

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi - my 1994 Sailfish has two manual switches for fuel, one for each motor. The switches, filters and bulbs can be seen in the photos at the post below. What you can't see is the four fuel lines comeing from the tanks to the others side of the switches.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20500

tohotim

Reaction score
onoahimahi said:
Hi - my 1994 Sailfish has two manual switches for fuel, one for each motor. The switches, filters and bulbs can be seen in the photos at the post below. What you can't see is the four fuel lines comeing from the tanks to the others side of the switches.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20500

This is tremendously helpful, onoahimahi! - Thanks for the link and the pics. Making progress...

Best,

Tim