Polarize lens question for sunglasses

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Not a Grady question, but i have these oakly half jacket sunglasses and love them. They came with a brownish polarized lens and they perform quite well on the water. The admiral bought me some new lenses for Christmas and they are oakly's blue ice. They have a gray/blue tint to them.

Question, should I stick with them for the water and fishing or should I take them back go more toward the brown tint? I do not do alot of sight fishing, but really want polarized glasses for running the boat and being out on the water. All my polarized glasses have been in the brown tint range. so any experienced captains out there please chime in with your thoughts. Thanks. :)

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I have Action Optics in a photocromatic amber tint and Maui Jims in blue, both are polarized. For sight casting and time on the water in general the Action Optics have it all over the blue tinted Maui Jims. I do a lot of sight casting myself and have tried the gambit of lens colors over the past 18 years the AO ambers lens are hands down the best for my eyes. That said I would go for the brown lens if that is your option.

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have the half jackets too, and I'm on my third set of Black Iridium Polarized lenses. I love them on the water, but the iridiums DO scratch.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Does Oakly make a rose lens? I guess I will check out their web site and find out?