Pompanette armrest discoloration

JAdams1

Reaction score
I used a small drift punch and tapped out the roll pin. I used a small SS panhead screw and nylock nut when I reassembled.

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
This forum has been great for new Grady Owners like myself, so I must give Many Thanks to Doc Stressor and Vinpaa. I found this old post and used the same basic Doc formula and advice from Vin to punch off the arms. Great result, saves some coin to Pompanette.
Before.jpgAfter.jpg

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those turned out great!! As others have said, the covers that Pompanette sells are t-shirt grabbers for sure. Hated mine. The originals after cleaning are so much better. Doc helped me out and I still owe him a fishing outing.
20180520_103732.jpg

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Doc helped me out and I still owe him a fishing outing.

How about next month between hurricanes. o_O

Reactions: Ky Grady

Lsquared

Reaction score
wow nice, cant wait to do that to mine. also found Marine Strip to clean the seats as they are getting to look just like hte arms.

Kev

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Does anyone know what kind of glue you would use to out my arm rest covers back over originals. I took them off to clean.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Anyone who has used the secret bleach/water/dawn process care to provide an update after a couple of years? I've read elsewhere one should not use bleach on the vinyl, due to it attacking the seams - but in this case, perhaps there are no seams to be concerned with?

gsquared

Reaction score
Model
Journey
I just refreshed mine by soaking them in a 50% household bleach/50% water and a shot of Dawn dish washing detergent. They soaked for 24 hours. Docstressor posted the secret recipe. See for yourself.View attachment 7421
Any updates on how well the treated rests have done with time?