Pompanette Helm Arms

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hello,

The arms on my helm seats are wasted. I really don't like them anyway as they tend to be in the way and would just like to remove them. The arms look as though they can be removed. Before I get out my tools and get busy, has anyone removed these and are there any pitfalls to removing them?

Thanks much!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Post a pic of your helm chair. There are multiple styles that Grady used. We can better help once we know what you have.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You can order parts from Pompanette depending on model. Might we worth investigating. If they are the hard mounted ones, I'd probably remove too.

spyros1149

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hello,
I had the same problem with the helm seat on my 2003 Islander 270 and after (unsuccessfully) trying to locate replacement parts, I contacted Grady White. I spoke with
Carolyn Ray, (Customer Relations, Grady White Boats, 252-830-8600), and she directed me to Pompanette. She said I could purchase a Pompanette DELUXE ARMREST REPAIR KIT (ST/ONE CHAI)/vendor item # TGWArmFix1, but unfortunately, when i contacted Pompanetter they were out of stock. However, I was able to purchase a complete armrest assembly for around $100.00 +/- which only slightly more than the price of the repair kit. Pic posted...
The person I spoke to at Pompanette was Gladdy Nugent, Pompanette Ft. Lauderdale Showroom, 954-525-6367, gladwyn_nugent@pompanette.com
Hope this helps!

Spyros

Pompanette.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
I ordered the arms for my deluxe2 chair a few years ago. Each slide bolts on (2) complete arms.

cap

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Yes it is according to the style you have.
Mine is like the picture above and were in my way.
I removed the assy and used 2 1/2" spacers in its place, works great.

Fishtales

Reaction score
nice. if you can, take some pics...

cap

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
attached should be pictures of the seat and the spacer.
The seat cushion was snapped to the arm rest bracket so new snaps had to be added to the seat .
.IMG_4922.JPG
IMG_4923.JPG

Ripple

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I spoke with Gladdy today, 10/8/20, who told me that that entire armrest assembly is actually $175, not $100, and the cover that is glued on is $95.
Gladdy said the armrest is not sold without the metal support piece. To use the glued on repair kit, the vinyl must be in good condition.
I received a quote from a marine reupholstery shop to do the armrest job for $125 per chair.

Hello,
I had the same problem with the helm seat on my 2003 Islander 270 and after (unsuccessfully) trying to locate replacement parts, I contacted Grady White. I spoke with
Carolyn Ray, (Customer Relations, Grady White Boats, 252-830-8600), and she directed me to Pompanette. She said I could purchase a Pompanette DELUXE ARMREST REPAIR KIT (ST/ONE CHAI)/vendor item # TGWArmFix1, but unfortunately, when i contacted Pompanetter they were out of stock. However, I was able to purchase a complete armrest assembly for around $100.00 +/- which only slightly more than the price of the repair kit. Pic posted...
The person I spoke to at Pompanette was Gladdy Nugent, Pompanette Ft. Lauderdale Showroom, 954-525-6367, gladwyn_nugent@pompanette.com
Hope this helps!

Spyros

View attachment 10731

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd cut em to get more helm room anyway.... just my 2 pennies.

Timbo

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yes I remove my helm chair arms it took all of five minutes for both chairs. The only issue was the rear snap for the cushions had to be relocated.