Ponce Inlet to Ft Pierce Inlet

Coconut330

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan a trip from Ponce Inlet to Ft Pierce via ICW. I always do the trip offshore or down I95 just haven't done the ditch since the 80's (BM idle speed zones.) How long would it take a group of GW outboard boats going this route. Im sure somebody from the Vero Club knows how long it would take I see them up here in NSB. Thank you in advance for the info.

Bokat

Reaction score
Coconut330,
I'm not familiar with Ponce inlet but I am familiar with Ft. Pierce. It looks like from this chart http://www.yachtdeliveryusa.com/aicw-bridges.htm that from the Main St. bridge in Daytona Beach to the bridge listed in Ft. Pierce the distance is about 135 miles. If I'm reading it right it shouldn't be a bad trip if there aren't many idle zones.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Lets see it is slow speed zone from just past the Coast Guard station south past NSB, brief speed up near Edgewater then slow speed south of Oak Hill nearly to the entrance to Haulover Canal. Then it is slow speed in the Canal. Most of the ICW is open from Titusville to Vero except under some bridges.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Smoky Mountain hit it....the longest no wake zone is south of Ponce past New Smyrna, then from near Edgewater down to Oak Hill. From there the river widens up and its a straight shot down to Haulover. No wake in the canal, then a decent ride from there to Ft Pierce. You will hit nowake zones around the bridges at Merritt Island, Melbourne and Vero. In between you are in good shape.

If you run outside, you have to stay a fair distance offshore near KSC. Once you get south of Canaveral, you can run off the beach....

Barlow46

Reaction score
Edgewater to Haulover Canal takes about 45 - 1hr if I remember correctly. I think that may be the longest stretch of no wake (oak hill to where river widens out north of Haulover) That stretch where it widens out is 30 mph I think and is about a 15 min. or so run. No wake through Haulover and then open it up again to Titusville. That's as far as I have gone lately.