Port of Egypt Marine, Inc. (631-765-2445)

PT G

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I was going to make this a reply to an earlier thread I posted regarding an engine serial number, but this gentleman and his dealership deserve more than a reply. This Spring I closed on a 2000 248 Voyager from Riteway Marine Solutions on Long Island, NY. The boat has its original Yamaha 250 OX66 engine but the serial number was not to be found anywhere on the engine. While the original thread here garnered some good information by the end of July I was still without the number. I contacted Grady-White customer service and while they did not have the number they gave me the original dealer who had sold the boat. Armed with this and the hull ID I was able to connect with the sales manager at Port of Egypt Marine. We had a short, polite engaging conversation and he said he would do some checking and get back to me if he could find anything. This conversation took place around 10:30 this morning (8/3/2022); at 2:20 this afternoon I received a call from Mike Kelley, Sales Manager at Port of Egypt Marine, Southold, Long Island saying he checked their records and have come up with the number!! We are talking about a sale from 22 years ago; a cold call from the buyer of a used boat, not even their marina; with a turn around time less than 4 hours! If this doesn't say "We care" I don't know how it could be said any clearer. KUDOS to Grady-White (Carolyn Ray @Customer Service) and especially Mike Kelley at Port of Egypt Marine boat sales!

sturgstev

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Port of Eqypt is a great place to deal with. I live here in California and saw the used GW 228 that I purchased on their web site and my nephew is a commercial fisherman and lives in their area. His father had bought a Mako there in the early 1970's so my nephew handled the purchase arrangements with the owner of the dealership.

They handled the paperwork with the prior boat owner with Ca DMV and arranged for the shipping via a pick-up truck that trailered it from NY to Ca.

The entire transaction was completed in less than a month' - Two weeks to get the boat here from the date the transaction began and then two weeks to deal with California DMV.

California DMV was more difficult to deal with than the boat purchase until I found someone at DMV that knew how to handle licensing an out of state boat and trailer.

California needed information regarding the date the boat was built and GW was able to provide a letter with the information.

That was eight years ago.

Agree - Kudos to Port of Eqypt.

steve

Reactions: Stephnic and PT G

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
My family and I have been dealing with POE and the Leiblein family since the mid 70’s. 14 GW’s and a bunch of fun later and the place just keeps getting better and better! Mike and the POE team are a true, down to earth, honest marina who loves what they do and makes sure their customers get what they want. I know the past few years have been particularly difficult for them with availability of boats, parts, and staff but they keep doing everything they can do just get it done. The above story doesn’t surprise me in the least. Glad you got what you needed!

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I bought my 330 express from there in 2021. I can't say enough good things about the entire experience. They were brokering the boat for the owner and Dave Perricone was a complete gentleman throughout the whole process. I couldn't find the stupid key for the head overboard pump out and he sent one right out to me... for a 2004 boat. There was no typical sales pitch nonsense-good people over there

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I bought my first Grady from them 15 years ago which was a pre-owned brokerage boat. Couldn't have been easier people to work with. They launched the boat and we sea trialed it in march. The service manager went through the entire boat with me making sure I knew how to work everything and where all the critical parts were located. They even took me out and gave me lessons on how to engine steer and operate the boat as it was my first boat with twins. Since then they have been always helpful with parts and knowledge with both that boat and my current Grady which I didn't buy from them.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Having been in the customer service trade off and on for almost 20 years it's always nice to get an "atta boy" for exceptional work done as you typically only hear about the negative comments from users and customers on Yelp and the like. Conversely as a customer, it's always nice to hear that some companies out there still pride themselves with giving great customer service, which seems to be more and more a thing of the past, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Freedom 205

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Bought my new to me GW from POE this past Oct. Great to deal with and great service. Kudos to Julie in sales. She made it smooth and easy.
Even promised a refresher intro to the boat in the Spring.
Great place!