Possbile to Update Seats and Add Hardtop to Freedom 255?

personalt

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I have a friend with an older Freedom 255 that has the single basic captain's chair and the older type of port seating. Seats are beat up and he was thinking of selling the boat. Newer Freedoms are out of my price range so I was wondering if I can buy this one and make the upgrades that would be needed to make it the perfect boat for me. I was wondering:
  • Does anyone have access to a parts diagram for a 2015 or newer Freedom 255
  • Does anyone know if I can source the wetbar / seat stand in the picture below? I did find someone who had the seat on ebay but would need the base the seat motor at a miniumn.
  • Does anyone know if the base for the port seat was upgraded when the new seat came out with the sliding bolster or if the base the same. Anyone know what that seat costs?
  • If anyone knows if there is a way to source either the Grady hardtop or a nice aftermarket / custom hardtop

Attachments

• my21-255-helm-bench-seat-and-w.jpg
    my21-255-helm-bench-seat-and-w.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

billyttpd

Reaction score
I'm guessing the boat is 2015 or newer. You could inquire of your local dealer if you could purchase the wet bar and hardtop from the factory but I have a feeling wont be cheap. If you are in the Mid Atlantic region Atlantic hardtops could sell you a "tower in a box" that are reasonably priced compared to a factory replacement or custom top.

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
WMW built the OEM hard tops they could price it out

personalt

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I'm guessing the boat is 2015 or newer. You could inquire of your local dealer if you could purchase the wet bar and hardtop from the factory but I have a feeling wont be cheap. If you are in the Mid Atlantic region Atlantic hardtops could sell you a "tower in a box" that are reasonably priced compared to a factory replacement or custom top.
Boat is older.. But Grady did some cool stuff on the 2015 and newer as far as the nicer seating. Both the helm and port chair as kind of shot as least as far as the vinyl so was thinking could I modernize the seats rather then just replacing vinyl. For atlantic hardtops you mean https://www.atlantictowers.com/ ? They are really close to me

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
Bumping this thread... I have a 2011 Freedom 275 on which I'd like to update the seating. I have the electromechanically adjustable helm and extendable companion lounge seat. From looking at pictures online it seems like Grady is equipping new Freedom 255s with the same helm base and aft facing wet bar as my 2011 Freedom 275, just with a different cushion. The newer "deluxe companion seat w/electromechanically extendable lounge" should be an easy swap. @personalt did you ever reach out to Grady or your dealer to learn about the cost of the new seating?

personalt

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I ended up going with a different boat. I did see some Grady Seats on ebay and Great lakes Skipper. That was as far as I got.