Possible Leaking Window Problem????

greggo

Reaction score
I own a 1987 24' Off Shore Pro, and would like to replace the (black plastic) window molding. A gap has been noticed in the corner of the current window. These windows are non operable (fixed), and are located in the bow (front) of boat, when looking through the inside of the cabin. Is this problem common? Where can I purchase new moldings for this model boat? Thanks for any assistance in this matter. :(

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If they are anything like the front windows on the 95 Islander the plastic strips are only for covering the screws that hold the window frame against the deck. I removed the strips, removed the screws and re-bedded the glass into the frame with silicone. Original bedding looked like auto windshield sealant which let loose from the glass. I have two stips of rubber and or plastic. Outer, which cover the screws and inner which kind of trim the frame against the glass. Try to peel off the rubber nearest the outer edge of the frame. I did silisone the frames to the deck when installing the windows.