Power tech prop

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just purchased a Power Tech ss prop SCE4 14X15p from the company in Texas through Ken at Prop Gods. Just questioning if any of you guys are using Power Tech props and your thoughts on them. Have not got the new prop wet yet, waiting for weather. I did read about some issues with blades breaking on them in regular use, but of course after I purchased. Appreciate any thoughts.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have been running a PowerTech 4 blade prop since 2017 on my F225. Been all over with the boat and never had a problem with it. Bought mine through Ken also.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good to hear, thanks Ky. Have you had to change the hub in that time?

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Ken at ProGods did my 4-blade PowerTec for me two years ago. One of the top three improvements I made to my boat. Game changer for my mid-range performance and no loss of top end. Completely different boat in the most positive way.

Reactions: Angler Management

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I’ve got two ofs3. They are peppy and give good fuel #’s.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks guys, and Hookup for the reference to your prop experience a year ago.Yes Ken was very helpful and we arrived at the SCE4 using my present 3 blade numbers. I am hoping it works as anticipated as exchanging the prop from here on Vancouver Island is an expensive event, shipping being the ouch.

Last edited:

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I got two PTZ3 14-1/4x16's from Ken over the weekend. Can't wait to try it out. It is replacing two Reliance 14-1/4x18, that barely get the boat into operating range (5400rpm) at WOT. I'd like to be closer to the high end, up to 6000rpm. Talking with Ken, go down in pitch. Can't wait to try it. Len

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Got a chance to wet the new prop yesterday SCE 4 Power Tech. All compared to the Reliance 14 1/2 x 15p. Some good changes, 3 mph more at same cruising rpm, quicker on plane, appears to stay on plane a lower speed, for some reason it sounds quieter at cruising, reach 40-41mph wot, the Reliance was 42=43 mph. Able to trim the outboard higher without loosing mph. Could only reach 56-57 rpms wot but will stay with that as the Reliance was 58 wot. The trial was boat loaded, including full tank of fuel. Thank you Ken at Prop Gods!!!

Last edited:

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I run power tech osf4 on my F250 4.2 liter . The first time I ran it in reverse at the dock , 3 of the 4 blades sheared right off . It was the darndest thing. So I ordered another and I was running my boat hauling a load of meth and again , in the middle of open water I sheared two blades out of the blue. So I bought another and this time I was hauling a load of illegal Mexican beaver tranquillizers and performance enhancing romance pills and I put the prop on the motor and in the drive way the blades just dropped off sitting there So, I ordered another.

Ok, for reals. I have purchased a couple of these and they have been flawless . The reason I bought two is because someone borrowed my brand new repowered 4.2 Liter motor back in 17 and they had the audacity to take my motor and my prop with it . Some people have the nerve to steal a man's brand new motor and not leave the prop so when he buys a new motor to replace the new motor they took at least he wouldn't have to buy a new prop too.

Between the Grady White rotting before your eyes and running power tech props that just fall apart I would ditch boating and take up something like curling or badminton.