POWERWINCH WINDLASS

ttles714

Reaction score
My 2001 Marlin300 has a Has a class 36 "Powerwinch" anchor windlass. (originally a class 35 which I replaced with a 36 after deciding the 35 was not worth the hassle of repairing. ... The 36 was an exact drop in replacement... I was not real thrilled with the original and have had issues with the new one as well. I got lazy and figured the installation of the 36 was a quick no brainer... It was, but as we all know easy and less expensive (than other brands) is not always the best. .... I think this brand winch was factory installed by Grady for some production years... Just curious what others have, and or did, to repair or replace.

fischer

Reaction score

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have the 31, and it didn't work when I bought the boat a few years ago. I had the dealer "test" it, and they said it was finished and they could replace it. I decided to do it myself. I took it off, and took it apart. They're dead simple.

Anyway, I put a 12v drill battery to it with a couple of jumpers, and it spun like crazy! I called Powerwinch, and they said every part is still available, but they rarely need any replaced. A simple wiring fix repaired the issue (on the boat, not the winch). Not sure how the dealer "tested" it.