Price check price check please

richie rich

Reaction score
you didn/t mention the length....anyways NADA used boats has a 28 footer sailfish listed at $53k plus the trailer....but that doesn't include listed ammenities which were not told to us...look it up under NADA used boats and fill in the details....but its under $60k for sure

Bama96

Reaction score
282 Sailfish is 45K-50K for the hull depending on options and 9K each on the motors is what NADA says. Think about 70K with the trailer. NADA in this market is screwy. High on some models and low on others.

sraab928

Reaction score
I tend to type model year and model name in google with the words for sale and see what else is out there - then you get a general idea of what the market is for them.

I did this and found this one in MD for $109k

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listing/ ... H-90983662

In Florida for $89k

http://www.boatingbay.com/listings/2005 ... 38709.html

In SC for $96k

http://southcarolina.olx.com/2005-grady ... d-34394928

Three 2005 models from 89k to 120k

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/categor ... Sailfish/1

Seems to me to be a bit all over the board - of course these are asking prices and not sold prices... Still didnt see 60 to 70k. but didnt look to hard either.

SlimJim

Reaction score
asking price and selling price in this market today are way way apart. Grady or no Grady. The nice thing about Gradys are that more people see the value in a Grady then other boats. :lol:

Z4J

Reaction score
nada

A good friend who sells lots of boats (owns the company) tells me that prices are pretty close to NADA, especially if financing is needed.

Also adds that most late model boat owners are without equity and buried in their finance package, hence the high asking price and the reluctance to bargain.

A really nice 2007 boat (think G) that he sold on the 4th started with a first offer of 50% of ask and settled at 35% off ask. Seller wanted out.

SlimJim

Reaction score
Re: nada

Z4J said:
A good friend who sells lots of boats (owns the company) tells me that prices are pretty close to NADA, especially if financing is needed.

Also adds that most late model boat owners are without equity and buried in their finance package, hence the high asking price and the reluctance to bargain.

A really nice 2007 boat (think G) that he sold on the 4th started with a first offer of 50% of ask and settled at 35% off ask. Seller wanted out.
sounds about right.

armauro

Reaction score
I am trying to sell my 06 282/ 200 4strokes with 21 original hours and only 2 seasons use with state of the art electronics including auto pilot for 80k which is cheap to NADA considering the lack of use.

SlimJim

Reaction score
armauro said:
I am trying to sell my 06 282/ 200 4strokes with 21 original hours and only 2 seasons use with state of the art electronics including auto pilot for 80k which is cheap to NADA considering the lack of use.
200 4 strokes? Don't you mean 225?

SlimJim

Reaction score
armauro said:
No this boat was ordered by dealer that way- I bought is used - previous owner bought it as a leftover in Michigan from dealer - 4000rpm/ 26 knot cruise
wow i have not seen any with 200's. How is the fuel burn? Better then the 225's?

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A 2005 in good shape would bring $75K here easy, a dealer would ask more. Seems it costs about five grand to get one out here, so consider that too.

Condition is everything. That is a killer boat though and the reason I was trying to sell mine last year. This year we're just trying to hang on to the stuff we've got.

Bama96

Reaction score
He told me $75K was the bottom dollar. The boat is in good condition with only 380 hrs on the 4 strokes. The trailer looks new as he slipped the boat. Boat has a nice shine on the hull and the bottom paint is new. Not sure what to do. I only want to spend $70K. Should I pass?

richie rich

Reaction score
thats a personal call...is $5k worth it to you? its a tough economy....whats his background....does it look like he needs the money? Any other callers? When I bought my boat the guy was firm on his price even though I offered 5k over NADA.....he said no....so I waited a week and went on vacation....he called my cell phone and said he'd drop the price by 3k...I said, I'm no longer interested about his boat....he didn't know what to say...he panicked and agreed to sell it to me on my original price....so things can change rather quickly if he needs the cash....Armauro's boat looks like something Grandma used on Sundays....take a look!

SlimJim

Reaction score
Bama96 said:
He told me $75K was the bottom dollar. The boat is in good condition with only 380 hrs on the 4 strokes. The trailer looks new as he slipped the boat. Boat has a nice shine on the hull and the bottom paint is new. Not sure what to do. I only want to spend $70K. Should I pass?
Yes, pass. Tons of good deals out there and this winter will be a huge buyers market. You are in the worse part of the season to buy. Not many buyers out there unless its a steal of a deal. I would wait. Keep looking, it will only get better.

richie rich

Reaction score
Give him your best comfortable offer and walk away. Either he's a seller or a dreamer. But don't overpay unless you can sleep well at night knowing you got the best deal possible. Value is in the eye of the beholder

armauro

Reaction score
My boat is the cheapest, cleanest by far since it shows as new and most equipped with electronics installed only last March. It was a fresh water boat. It has spent a good amount of time under cover and not a scratch anywhere. It is in storage under shrinkwrap at this time in Florida. Just do not have the interest and am bored with it and it is 80K versus 75 for an 05?

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I hate low-ballers. I've told many of them to forget it, I wouldn't sell to them anyway. I have always negotiated for a fair selling price either way, not try to take advantage of someone.

If it's a nice boat and you like it, and you have the money, buy it. $5K on that much money would make no difference to me if it was something I wanted to buy. I look at it as the guy has a helluva lot more than that into it and you're getting a bargain either way.

If you don't have to have it shipped then that's almost that much money. And you can probably get a sales receipt for value that would save you almost that much in sales tax if your state collects tax. Have him write you a bill of sale on the seperate pieces, boat, motors, trailer.

SlimJim

Reaction score
I did not mean to tell you to low ball, but in this market if you look you could find a better deal, if the boats in great shape and has good elect and is what you want, go for it. Offer what you can even if its less then they say they will take and see what happens. A few months ago someone had a 330 express listed for 85K!! I think it sold for less. Tons of 282 and 300 on Yatchworld.