Price check price check please

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Re: 282 GW

armauro said:
What I meant to say above is that I own a 2006 with only 21 hours of no use and want 80 or a little less for a quick deal compared to an 05 for 75.
NADA says it is worth $68000. I will give you $50000

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

GulfGrady said:
armauro said:
What I meant to say above is that I own a 2006 with only 21 hours of no use and want 80 or a little less for a quick deal compared to an 05 for 75.

Nada value for the hull, no options or motors, no trailer: $47,600 low, $54,400 high retail. The low and high has to do with condition.

F225's book at about $10g's each.

With equipment and options, $75-$80K is a good value. Any seller would be an idiot to sell one of those boats for $50K. Besides, I think it's an insult to put an offer like that out on a public forum. If you're serious about buying someone's boat, contact them directly and negotiate an 'arms-length' sale. This isn't THT where we just bash people.

BTW, local conditions affect selling prices too. For example, there are very few Grady's out here on the west coast - there are zero 208's for sale out here; I haven't searched for 282's. And there are still buyers around the country.

Bama96

Reaction score

armauro said:

The problem with your boat is the F200s. Weather it is underpowered or not it is the perception that it is. It will be a problem with resale. If you can find someone to buy your F200s I would be interested in your boat with no power. Do you have a trailer? The F200s are in my opinion the worst engine Yamaha makes. Just my opinion. Heavy and well under the 200HP advertised. The F225s are to but the perception is what it is. That is why you got it for close to $70K when you bought it on e-bay.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Bama96 said:
armauro said:

The problem with your boat is the F200s. Weather it is underpowered or not it is the perception that it is. It will be a problem with resale. If you can find someone to buy your F200s I would be interested in your boat with no power. Do you have a trailer? The F200s are in my opinion the worst engine Yamaha makes. Just my opinion. Heavy and well under the 200HP advertised. The F225s are to but the perception is what it is. That is why you got it for close to $70K when you bought it on e-bay.

Wow. Is that true? Ebay? Makes one wonder why he bought it. He's bored with it and it's shrink wrapped?

That's right, Bama96 is the big guy that likes to go fast. :wink:

The 200 is kind of a slug isn't it? Wonder what it would take to bump them up to 225/250?

These prices are amazing. And to think I almost bought a Albemarle 280 with twin inboards for $125K...YIKES!

PS> weather = what's going on outside with the sun and clouds, noun
whether = a conditional pronoun, introducing an alternate of choice
to = a direction or to indicate movement or action, preposition
too= also, adverb
Just sayin'...

armauro

Reaction score
went thru that 200 vs 250 issue with John at Ingham Marine- his point was the boat is just fine with 200s and dont change them out- I bought it on ebay in January for 72 plus transport from Michigan and put 10k into radar,autopilot, raymarine df and a new profish lemar windlass plus $$ straightening all the things out the dealer did wrong from new.

the boat is shrink wrapped in storage as I am in the Norteast for the summer months.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Enjoyable reading so bumping this to the top again. It's amazing how we let our emotions get in the way of our business sense sometimes. Guy's hate lowballers except when the shoe's on the other foot. We all think our stuff is worth more than it really is. By lowballing it helps determine what the seller is looking for. We take it as a personal insult and it's just business. It helps cut to the chase. I paid 17K for a '99 209 Escape. Guy wanted 20K. I initially offered 15K thinking a depressed market would make him jump. He didn't so I looked for the boat elsewhere. He didn't get pissed or I wouldn't have come back with a counter offer. Closest thing was a 4-5 hour drive and I didn't feel like messing with that. The market is the market and our $hit is only worth what someone is willing to pay at the time. We always want to dig in and wait for that good offer. It all depends on the situation but the bottom line is we all own depreciating assets and the longer we hold out for that good off the more it deprectiates. All of this IMHO...

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If all you have/want to spend is $70K then spend up to $70K. There's plenty of boats for sale out there and the buyer has the edge right now.

Why would someone would put F200's on a Sailfish? It's not a bad motor just heavy for the power it produces (and a little light on the HP). Are they that much cheaper than F225's?

armauro

Reaction score
That is the way the dealer in Michigan specd it- i just bought it used but it cruises 26 knots at 4000 rpm which is respectful- per Ingham marine a 250 will produce 5 mph more cruise and higher top end.

GulfGrady

Reaction score

CJBROWN said:
GulfGrady said:
armauro said:

Nada value for the hull, no options or motors, no trailer: $47,600 low, $54,400 high retail. The low and high has to do with condition.

F225's book at about $10g's each.

With equipment and options, $75-$80K is a good value. Any seller would be an idiot to sell one of those boats for $50K. Besides, I think it's an insult to put an offer like that out on a public forum. If you're serious about buying someone's boat, contact them directly and negotiate an 'arms-length' sale. This isn't THT where we just bash people.

BTW, local conditions affect selling prices too. For example, there are very few Grady's out here on the west coast - there are zero 208's for sale out here; I haven't searched for 282's. And there are still buyers around the country.
Have you read some of the post's this guy has made on here and THT?

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

GulfGrady said:
[>snip
Have you read some of the post's this guy has made on here and THT?

Hmmm...I don't read THT anymore. We're kinda hijacking the thread..but WOW...I had no idea.

Now I see where you're coming from. My comment on a public low-ball offer is hereby retracted.

Oh my, ebay schmee-bay...I hate that freakin' thing almost as much as THT.
:mrgreen: