Price check ... slip and storage fees

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Very interesting to see the difference costs and services around the country. Paying $381/mo for a 25' slip in Santa Cruz, CA. I don't use power, so I don't think that's included. Does include water, restrooms, showers, parking. And of course, we're year-round out here.

I had a Cabo in Newport Harbor about 20 years ago, and recall paying $700 then for a 35' slip. $1100 sure sounds high, but 60% increase over 20 years doesn't seem so bad. It's Newport. I moved that boat to San Diego - the slip fees dropped to $500, and the fishing greatly improved!

Reactions: PointedRose

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
$1,100 per month in Newport Beach, CA for a 35' slip. Year around slip - no haul out, shrink or winterization needed :cool:
At over $13k a year I’d expect quite a lot! Heck that’s about 2/3 of what I’ve got into my boat, motor and trailer.
It may be a bother to trailer But there’s no bottom paint, the boat stays nice and I only pay a couple hundred a year to launch. That’s some crazy money spent for a little convenience.

Reactions: PointedRose

ocdansar

Reaction score
330 express docked in ft pierce Fl. Nice swimming pool bbq are with big gazebo and grill. Nice new washers and dryers . Nice new showers . A restaurant with soso food. Also a gate with guard 24/7. Less than a mile to the inlet right off the icw. Right at 500. Per month on annual lease.

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
330 express docked in ft pierce Fl. Nice swimming pool bbq are with big gazebo and grill. Nice new washers and dryers . Nice new showers . A restaurant with soso food. Also a gate with guard 24/7. Less than a mile to the inlet right off the icw. Right at 500. Per month on annual lease.
That sounds fairly reasonable for those amenities considering you have year round access

Reactions: ocdansar

Jrspawn

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
$420 a month for 30' floating docks in Kent narrows Maryland.IMG_0304.jpg

Last edited:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Can't really compare slips based just on price. You have to look at amenities offered/included like pool,shower, parking(at boat),water, electric, lights, cleaning station, floating dock vs a jump off a catwalk, mechanic, lifts,ramp, etc.. Also you have to look at access/distance to the ocean/open water, low bridges/draw bridges, No Wake zones, safe inlet vs sand bars.... Also property values/taxes in the state/town which effect the going rate and the profitability of even operating a marina.

In NJ they tend to have an April-October season and price by foot(size of boat not size of slip), some count the pulpit and/or raised outboards in that length, some charge extra if you stay past Oct31 for striper season , some don't care but they shut off the water so it doesn't freeze

I'm in Manasquan River, one railroad drawbridge and 1 mile between dock & ocean, stay in til Thanksgiving, 265 express they charge me 26 feet x $165, floating dock...no pool.... Might sound like alot but it is insanely cheap.