Price check ... slip and storage fees

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Town Marina 23' slip $850 April to Nov : finger slip
power, water, bathrooms, pumpout. $225 trailer storage during season, if you choose to leave it in the yard. Winter : $25 a foot

Fishtales

Reaction score
About the same here Pat. Safe Harbor took over the marina and seem to be gobbling them all up. To be fair, they have done a ton of work on the place, but the prices seem to be going through the roof. It is 3 min from my summer place, so I've paid the cost to this point. 70-80 person list, so there are plenty ready to jump in if you pass on the slip. Looking a yacht club 30 min away now that will be less than 1/3 of the current price all-in. I like that they are focused on keeping boating affordable. Likely will move when I can get in. Will make my boating more intentional versus being spoiled having it next door but I know it will be $10K in a few years and don't want to be priced out or married to such a high cost just to put the boat on a dock. There is more to life than a boat on a dock!

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I’m in South Jersey and I pay $2200.00 for May through October for my 23’ Fisherman. Basic marina, tackle shop, bait, cleaning station and bathrooms. Just a block and a half from my house.

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
$1100 a month for 336 Canyon in High and Dry in Marco Island FL. Unlimited in and out . Fuel, ships store and bait on site. Can get wash and dry service for $3 a foot. New concrete standing wall building thats Cat 5 hurricane Rated. Big deal in FL. Its honestly getting really expensive down here, I started closer to $750 a month. Insurance is still close to $3K a year even in the hurricane rated building. Am I bitching about nothing? Need a reality check or a “Thats too expensive” from the group. Lol

Reactions: Pat Hurley

Fishtales

Reaction score
You want to play, you gotta pay. Just feels that the leverage has swung to the marinas and they are taking advantage a bit. Nothing you can really do except grin and bear it.

Reactions: Pat Hurley

sailUSVI

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice spot in South Portland, ME for the summer, mid May to mid October, 36ft slip….around $4300 bucks all in.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
$785/month for high and dry in Riviera Beach, in southeast FL. Great location, about 5 minutes to Lake Worth (Palm Beach) Inlet. Interestingly, they charge by the height of the rack you're in. Their logic is, height determines how many boats they can fit under that roof. Length doesn't matter (up to a point). That makes sense to me. Still, they are expensive due to the location. This is our twentieth year and fourth boat with them.

Sloose

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
I'm searching for slips myself for next year. I'm closest to Manasquan Inlet (although shark river is also close, but I prefer MI because you can get to the bay / ICW) ...
For next year the best I was quoted was 3000 for a floating dock wet slip, and 125$ a foot for rack storage. I did not really research winter storage because the boats I'm looking at all have trailers and I'll stick it in my driveway, but lots of places charge around $400 for winter storage for RVs & boats etc.

My cousin keeps his 208 grady in a covered/locked boat storage facility in Beaufort NC ... It's ridiculous how cheap it is - i think he pays $35 a month for it and his boat gets its own locked stall. No electricity but there is a washdown / flushing pad there. Only drawback is the 208 is about as absolutely big as you can get in there...MAYBE a 222 if you were really clever on moving the boat around on the trailer.

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
$785/month for high and dry in Riviera Beach, in southeast FL. Great location, about 5 minutes to Lake Worth (Palm Beach) Inlet. Interestingly, they charge by the height of the rack you're in. Their logic is, height determines how many boats they can fit under that roof. Length doesn't matter (up to a point). That makes sense to me. Still, they are expensive due to the location. This is our twentieth year and fourth boat with them.
...not bad considering the 12 months of use you get. They lease lifts up here and charge $10,000 annually

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Fort Myers Beach in SW Florida $800 a month for high and dry. Unlimited touchdowns and $50 tip for rub rail down wash and engine flush. Not nearly enough Marinas in SW Florida for the boating population that is exploding here. That’s for a 325 Freedom. 89 octane gas isn’t bad though at $4.15 a gallon lol. Most places around here are $4.25 to $4.50 Before boat cost and insurance about $1000 a weekend before meals and booze. Last year boat fuel was at $3.05 a gallon.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Fort Myers Beach in SW Florida $800 a month for high and dry. Unlimited touchdowns and $50 tip for rub rail down wash and engine flush. Not nearly enough Marinas in SW Florida for the boating population that is exploding here. That’s for a 325 Freedom. 89 octane gas isn’t bad though at $4.15 a gallon lol. Most places around here are $4.25 to $4.50 Before boat cost and insurance about $1000 a weekend before meals and booze. Last year boat fuel was at $3.05 a gallon.
Lol in CA, gas is north of $4 per gallon for a CAR

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Osterville, Cape Cod Dockage is $329/ft plus enviro and electric -$8883.00 Total for year. Storage $9.50/ft for outside
Commissioning/ Decommissioning, shrink wrap, cleaning etc. extra

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I look at some of the prices listed---ouch. I was going to buy a slip for $30k and cheaped out. You had to use their people when you sell and they were going to take 10%. It would be a steal going with some of the other areas listed.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cape Canaveral: Blue Points Marina
Classy but expensive I think. For my Marlin dry stack storage - $827 a month. They charge depending on length, beam, and height. (4 years ago it was $585 a month). No additional charges for putting boats in or out, or to wash racks. Fuel on site, rec fuel (non ethanol), gone up recently to $4.01 a gallon. They do charge for pump out ($20).
Has lots of fish cleaning stations, wash/maintenance racks, water & power, no additional charge. Bathrooms. Has a ships store. There is an outfit on site that does maintenance. They also allow other maintenance type folks to work on boats/engines/detailing etc.
Except for the storage fee, I have been pretty happy there.
Good people, helpful.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Gloucester, MA

In water: $175 per foot May-Oct at the Marina (includes water/electric, bathrooms/showers).
Out of water at G-W dealer: $2,000 for yard storage on jack stands, shrink wrap, moisture control bags and vent.

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I look at some of the prices listed---ouch. I was going to buy a slip for $30k and cheaped out. You had to use their people when you sell and they were going to take 10%. It would be a steal going with some of the other areas listed.
Wow, the selling part is crazy. What a racket.

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Thats pretty decent for down here in SW FL. What Marina are you at?

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Snook Bight is much nicer but they are totally booked up and I could not get in. Moss is in a very fun location though. Just going to be hard to get to with the building of Margaritaville.