Price for a new 226

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with Capt Chris....you are right in line, considering the hardtop and pulpit alone are about $6K in options.

The last one I saw, similarly equipped, was right at $70K, but included a trailer. That was at one of the boat shows earlier this year.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Price

Mid $60's? That sounds very reasonable. (Last years in water boat show in Boston had the 226 in the mid $80's).

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
'09 228, F250 All options except head, includes trailer $79K. Quoted last week.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
capt chris said:
In Agreement said:
Bob Wolfe
Do you ever boat @ Cumberland?

Very rarely, but we are planning to go in July for a weekend before my daughter starts college. Put in at Burnside, closest for me, and stay in Somerset.

Brad1

Reaction score
In Agreement said:
Bob Wolfe

That's who I bought my boat from. I'd advise you to switch to someone else on their sales staff. Bill Jeancola perhaps. My purchasing experience from Beaver Park was very poor and Bob Wolfe was a big reason for that.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
In Agreement said:
capt chris said:
In Agreement said:
Bob Wolfe
Do you ever boat @ Cumberland?

Very rarely, but we are planning to go in July for a weekend before my daughter starts college. Put in at Burnside, closest for me, and stay in Somerset.
If you see a Tournament 225 down there give me a shout on the VHF. I think I'm the only one @ Cumberland. My MMSI # is 338-079-033. Were out of White Oak about 2 miles above Conley Bottom.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Brad1 said:
In Agreement said:
Bob Wolfe

That's who I bought my boat from. I'd advise you to switch to someone else on their sales staff. Bill Jeancola perhaps. My purchasing experience from Beaver Park was very poor and Bob Wolfe was a big reason for that.
Brad,
I'm sorry your experience with Beaver Park was unpleasant. I dealt w/ Pat Grasso and I can only say great things about him, Bill Jeancola, and the owner Bill Schaeffer. They treated me as if I was the only customer they had, and believe me I wasn't as it was Memorial Day weekend! Our entire transaction went from Sept '07 through May '08 and I found them all to be great to deal with. I would buy another boat from them in a heartbeat.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Brad1 said:
In Agreement said:
Bob Wolfe

I know no more about Mr. Wolfe other than a couple of phone calls that have been made. I just got quoted from them (Beaver Park), since a fellow KY boat brother had a good experience from them. 99.9% of my boating is done in SC and when the stars are aligned for me and I can pull the trigger, the dealer I have been harassing for quite awhile (read years) in SC will get the nod for my boat order. :D :D

Brad1

Reaction score
capt chris said:
Brad1 said:
In Agreement said:
Bob Wolfe

Brad,
I'm sorry your experience with Beaver Park was unpleasant. I dealt w/ Pat Grasso and I can only say great things about him, Bill Jeancola, and the owner Bill Schaeffer. They treated me as if I was the only customer they had, and believe me I wasn't as it was Memorial Day weekend! Our entire transaction went from Sept '07 through May '08 and I found them all to be great to deal with. I would buy another boat from them in a heartbeat.

Maybe they're working hard to turn things around. Hopefully that is the case. But when I bought my boat from them in '04, they were on probation with Grady White (meaning Grady White was considering dropping them). Bill Schaeffer told me that himself. I've spoken with Bill Jeancola after I took delivery of my boat. He's the one that asked me to lie about my experiences on my customer survey. The folks that are responsible for all of the many screw ups when I bought my boat are still there. For that reason, I'd never consider them again.