Probably Dumb question

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I recently purchased a 2011 freedom 275. My first boat in about 30 years. The boat is in the water but I have not spent too much time on her due to the crappy New England spring we have had. So my question, Is there a fresh water level gauge? I know the head has a gauge for the waste but what about fresh? If not how do you know how when to fill it?
I am sure I will have more questions as I go.
Thanks in advance

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
All I can say is....My 265 does not have a FW gauge and I don't recall anyone ever talking about one.

I don't use the FW much to worry about it but if I did, I suppose I would just top it off (until it overflows) after use.
There may be a 6 inch deck lid that lets you look at the tank? Mine is over top of the tank so you can't see much.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Two ideas. Idea one is to top her off with freshwater before you depart on each trip. Idea two, you will know when it's empty when you run out of water. When I am boating in saltwater I just top it off at the end of the day when I am cleaning the boat. It has served me well.

Bumpye

Reaction score
I do use it occasionally. Just fill it till it overflows. End of season run the sink and shower head till empty. I use to dump a gallon of RV antifreeze into at the end of the season, but you end up having to flush the anti freeze out which takes 2-3 fills. Now just make it's empty in Nov.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Most are 20 gallon tanks and it goes a long way even when rinsing the boat. Have never run out of water and I top it off before each trip. There are gauges available after market but probably not worth the effort

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
thanks guys!!

seasick

Reaction score
Most are 20 gallon tanks and it goes a long way even when rinsing the boat. Have never run out of water and I top it off before each trip. There are gauges available after market but probably not worth the effort
A small amount of water in the tank during the winter may not be an issue but water in the lines, pump, filters or plumbing fixtures could cause big problems. IT's best to treat the tank and flush antifreeze through the entire system. You want to see 'Pink in the Sink'

Fishtales

Reaction score
my gage is in the head... circular needle gage.