product for cleaning hull

ORCA

Reaction score
I need the fourms help in finding the best product for cleaning a GW hull that sat in fresh water too long. No barnicles, just discoloration. Thanks in advance for your help.

ORCA

hkg4142

Reaction score
FSR - Fiberglass stain remover.. works amazingly well. I am on Lake erie and live by this stuff, removes discoloration, stains, seaweed etc etc... very little effort to use this stuff, no harsh abrasives. I get it at West Marine, its a blue gel. Hope that helps!

grady23

Reaction score
FSR works great --- HEED THE WARNINGS about skin and eye protection!!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ORCA said:
product on order. thanks for your input.

ORCA

Make sure you rewax if you use any of these products.

If your scumline is from Lake Lanier (and I get it too - all the time), you can use Simple Green full strength to get it off, as well.

ORCA

Reaction score
Hi Parthery,

Thanks for your reply. yes, the discoloration on my GW, is from Lake Lanier. The lake water does not seem to be as clear, as in years past. I do not normally leave my GW in the water more than a few days, but this spring, an emergency surgery kept me from being able to get it out of the water, per my usual schedule.

I have received the FSR and used it with great success, but I like the green products also and will try that too. Thanks again.

IN GOD WE TRUST

ORCA