Prop Change on "16" Yami 150 ??

OZ WHITE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I have a brand new SS Solas pro that I wanted to switch off from the present prop which was my spare until I chipped off a piece of my 4 blade Al prop...the exchange from those props was simple switch....brought new Solas prop and it seems I am missing a component???? what am I doing wrong or did I miss a step? The stainless piece on the black Al prop is not on my Solas??

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You didn't say what brand or HP the motor is. Most of the props I have used have a removable washer on the rear of the prop under the prop nut and flat washer. It may be a simple matter of switching the washers. Us a large screwdriver and pry the washers out and install the proper one on the prop you want to use.

OOPs...I guess you did say what engine you are talking about in your title...sorry. What I said still stands.

OZ WHITE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
The piece I am referring to is not the washer under the castle nut..it faces the shaft but the piece in question (the stainless one in the photo) does not fit into the area on the solas prop..I think this is the thruster hub?.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Oh, I see. When you remove the thrust washer from the prop you have been running and it won't fit the other prop that you want to use then it is the wrong prop for the motor.