Prop question for F225’s

Jrspawn

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I wanted to see if anyone running f225’s are using four blade props? I have a pair of ofs4 17 four blades I’d like to use on my marlin 300 with f225’s, I just wasn’t sure if they would be too much prop or not for the setup. Figured I’d check to see if others have any input to share. Thank you

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
OFS4s are Ken's go-to for stern heavy boats. To get the most out of them your engines have to be high enough to get part of the blade out of the water - higher than a 3 blade set up. If you don't you will lose efficiency and speed everywhere, but will gain traction.
Depending on what you are trying to fix, there are likely better props out there. I don't think marlins are known to be stern heavy, but I have no personal experience.
As for pitch, usually you run a little less pitch with a 4 blade. What are you running now?
On our 270 with df200s we are running eco enertia 3 blades. The performance is freakish. Great bite, perfect lift, incredible fuel economy across a huge rpm range, and the ability to plane as low as 10 mph. Running the boat in the rough is a pleasure under most circumstances because of the ability to plane at such a low speed. All recommended by Ken!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I can't offer any real world advice on how they'd do... but since you already have them go ahead and pop them on and try it! It only takes a few minutes to change a prop and you'll end up with a very accurate answer in short time.