Prop question

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anyone with a 22' Seafarer, or similar length and weight Grady, with twin 115-140hp outboards, can you tell me what diameter & pitch props you are running? I think I need to change props that came with engines I installed.

duconce

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It would be more helpful to give the current motors and props, you have.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
22' Seafarer w/twin 115hp outboards mounted on notchout. Props are SS 13 1/4 x 14. I'm interesed in knowing what other people are running on their 22-23ftrs with similar hp twin engines for comparison and zeroing in on best setup. I intend to run my boat sometime in the next week to see if my full power rpms are within the 5200-5800 factory recommendations. Right now props easily "dig a hole" on launching under partial throttle, and boat loaded with 90ish gal fuel, 4 people, and fishing gear, runs 25ish mph at engines set at 4100 rpms. Looking to get a little more mph at same 4100 rpms, since that is sweet spot recommendation from factory. Boat primarily used to running 10-30 miles offshore and fishing bottom or trolling. I'm fairly, but not completely, familiar with correct engine heights and other specs needed for optimum efficiency, but want to be sure I have the best props on for my use.

duconce

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you get no replies, call Ken at PropGods

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm sure you have your question resolved, but....if you haven't try this.
Call Max at Bay Propeller in Chesapeake Va.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Jeff, I had twin SS 13 1/4 x 14, and I went to Solas Titan SS 13 3/4 x 15. I had taken the boat and ran it to maximum rpms, and they were 6000. I needed to get them down at least 200-300 rpms. I actually havn't had time to run them on boat yet, but the people in the know tell me these are the ones I need and I should see an increase in midrange efficiency and a slight increase of speed at 4100 rpms, the sweet spot on these engines. I'll post results.